JFF to establish second FIFA Goal Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF to establish second FIFA Goal Project

JFF to establish second FIFA Goal Project Thursday, 24 January 2008 RJR Sports has learnt that the Jamaica Federation (JFF) is planning on having a second FIFA Goal Project to be constructed in the Sunshine City of Portmore, where ground was initially broken for the project in 2003.

Sources told RJR that the second project came about following recommendations by some board members that the current one in Malvern, St. Elizabeth be completed, although there are concerns that the which is without a play field is only suited for the youth programme.

Newly elected mayor, Keith Hinds says discussions with JFF boss, Horrace Burell, technical director Rene Simoes and Howard McIntosh, head of the JFF technical committee went well.

He however mentioned that there could be a problem in having the academy constructed at the location where ground was originally broken due to traffic in that area but has put forward Jamworld as an alternative location.

A committee, which was put in place to make a recommendation on the future of the academy, will present a comprehensive report to the board at meeting schedule for January 31.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Boy let's rally round Burrell...The man is tackling all the

problems in a short period of time and coming out looking good. The English reggaeboyzsc should donate their match fees to pay off the $12,000 us. I think Burrell should use the trelawny stadium and he will get more people to attend the costa rica game.

I hope Simoes scout the usa vs mexico game or get a video of the game.

Why is Khari Stephenson not invited?

Comment

Why is Khari Stephenson not invited?
        I do not think every player can be invited. Missing from the line up are Dane Richards, Jermaine Johnson, Nyron Nosworthy, Tefore Bennett etc. There will be other games ans I am sure they will be invited later.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think this only means that the Captain intended to get his way, no matter what. This spells the end of the academy in Malvern. There is no way he will spend money up there is there is another one in Portmore. Why waste our time and the little money up there. Just pronounce it dead, sell the land and move on.

I see even Simoes tried to help by talking about the very things that the ignorant people were talking about re the academy.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is it not that h will try have a national training center closer to Kingston. The NTC and the Academy are not one and the same.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Why are they referring to it as an academy?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Because a only so them can get FIFA money. How many national training centre has FIFA build?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It is goal project. The money was originally approved for a national training center before Boxhill decided to take it to Munro as an academy. The Center of Excellence built in Trinidad (cannot remember the name now) is not an academy. It was built with FIFA funds.
                  If I had the time, I could show you other projects built with FIFA funds which are not academies.

Comment

Yaaaaay! The academy is coming to it's rightful place; the talent capital of Jamaica, the Sunshine City.

Portmore St. Catherine,
                    Nuh question Askin!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X