Bibi gets his arse into gear. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibi gets his arse into gear. :)

"That's the best Ricardo's played for me and credit goes to Simone Gardner," said Megson. "I spoke to his wife last night; I took the phone off him and told her, 'I can't get him to defend properly,' and she's probably told him to get his arse into gear."

Bolton Manager Gary Megson speaking to The Guardian after the Newcastle /Bolton game.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match...244202,00.html
    Usain "Lightning" Bolt - 9.58 secs. WR.

That is what many on here have been saying, Bibi nah seh nutten. Don't try telling that to Karl and Ben J though, as they think Bibi can do no wrong. I have not been impressed with any of Gardners showings of late, whether it is for Bolton or the Jamaican national side.

I hope we do not have another captain who is only captain by name alone (ah gwine haffi run now as Jawge, Karl and Ben J will sure kill me now).
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      That is what many on here have been saying, Bibi nah seh nutten. Don't try telling that to Karl and Ben J though, as they think Bibi can do no wrong. I have not been impressed with any of Gardners showings of late, whether it is for Bolton or the Jamaican national side.

I hope we do not have another captain who is only captain by name alone (ah gwine haffi run now as Jawge, Karl and Ben J will sure kill me now).
      He played well for Jamaica and not for Bolton!

Granted the JA match was against competition of a lower level than any of the top 15 EPL teams...so it was expected he would appear a star. Slower pace! Lower levels of technical and tactical skills. A 4th tier international match.

One other thing that should be taken into account was for Jamaica he played as play-maker. Had many, many more touches...scored two goals one of which, his last, was excellent!

He played a completely different role from playing at the back for Bolton.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think a whole lot better play is expected for Jamaica. Karl, look at the amount of errant passes the man made. I guess you will not see them however. He needs to pull up his socks!
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You must have missed the posts where I hinted that Bibi soon lose him spot.

Accuracy has never been your strong point.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            You must have missed the posts where I hinted that Bibi soon lose him spot.

Accuracy has never been your strong point.
            Hinted? I must have missed especially since it was only hinted.

Coming across as serious in anything has never been one of your strong points.

Comment

Originally posted by Keegan View Post
              "That's the best Ricardo's played for me and credit goes to Simone Gardner," said Megson. "I spoke to his wife last night; I took the phone off him and told her, 'I can't get him to defend properly,' and she's probably told him to get his arse into gear."

Bolton Manager Gary Megson speaking to The Guardian after the Newcastle /Bolton game.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match...244202,00.html

He is right. Bibi had a good game against Newcastle. Let's hope it continues.

Comment

Some players have a mid career crisis and they become complacent. Just like people have a mid life crisis, and they need a little fear in their hearts to readjust their mindset.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You Guys have to consider the injuries which Bibi

had since in England. The bottomline is that Bibi is not a natural defender but have adopted well for Bolton. Bibi need to play midfield for the reggaeboyzsc to help us offensively more. I think our players need some personal trainers to improve on their body structure and stamina. The funny thing is that jamaica never seems to have a ideal captain since Peter Cargill.

We need a captain who is really respected and who leave it all on the field of play. This person must be media friendly and must be very discipline.

Comment

Bibi's problem is not injuries at this time. He is just not playing well. His suffered career threatening injuries years ago, but he overcame them. Other players have gone through the same and came back good. I do not know, but I am not really giving up on him as yet. He needs to lift his game though as what I see him doing it not going to cut it come this WCQ.

Comment

I agree, I mean those 2 goals he scored against El Salvador the other day were just unacceptable.

Comment

I think a whole lot better play is expected for Jamaica. Karl, look at the amount of errant passes the man made. I guess you will not see them however. He needs to pull up his socks!
                        Errant passes?
                        In his last match for Jamaica or in his Bolton matches?

I'll repeat in the match against Switzerland - Bibi was our best player.

In his recent match for the Reggae Boyz played at the National Stadium he was out best player!

In his Bolton matches sans his injuries...i.e. for the period which includes the two matches referenced above...he has performed below his best. His performances for Bolton thus far would be rated - poor!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Here we go with the Tappa lover syndrome all over again.

Comment

I was being kind.

My argument has been CONSISTENTLY that Bibi is not good enough to play in our midfield and he had better focus on LB before certain new ballah nyam him food.

Next time you THINK you know my position.. check with me first.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                              I was being kind.

My argument has been CONSISTENTLY that Bibi is not good enough to play in our midfield and he had better focus on LB before certain new ballah nyam him food.

Next time you THINK you know my position.. check with me first.
                              I think as he slows down...and, he definitely has slowed down...the midfield would be better for us and for Bibi.

Comment

Working...
                              X