Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Director announces invitees for Costa Rica match

Technical Director announces invitees to prepare for Costa Rica friendly

The National Technical Director, Mr. Rene Simoes has named a 24 member local training squad and has invited 14 overseas based players who will prepare for the upcoming Friendly International game against Costa Rica on February 6.

The camp with the local players will be staged January 28 – February 1. Coach Simoes stated that the convening of a camp of local players one week before matches will be a critical ingredient in the preparation for international games as well as building the national programme.

The training sessions will be held at local club grounds as well as the National Stadium as part of a conscious policy by the Technical Director to build the relationship between the Jamaican fans and the team.

Please see list of local invitees below

Name

Position

Club

Richard McCallum
    Goal Keeper
    Waterhouse

Duwayne Kerr
    Goal Keeper
    Portmore United

Dwayne Miller
    Goal Keeper
    Harbour View

Adrian Reid
    Defender
    Portmore

Oraine Simpson
    Defender
    Tivoli Gardens

Christopher Harvey
    Defender
    Harbour View

Keniel Moodie
    Defender
    Seba United

Andre Darby
    Defender
    Naggo Head

Desmond Breakenridge
    Defender
    Waterhouse

Craig White
    Defender
    Arnett Gardens

Christopher Jackson
    Defender
    Tivoli Gardens

Lance Laing
    Defender
    Harbour View

Rudolph Austin
    Midfielder
    Portmore United

Ricardo Cousins
    Midfielder
    Portmore United

Nicholy Findlayson
    Midfielder
    Reno

Dwayne Phidd
    Midfielder
    St. Georges FC

Hugh Howell
    Midfielder
    Waterhouse

Eric Vernon
    Midfielder
    Portmore United

Jermaine Hue
    Midfielder
    Harbour View

Wolry Wolfe
    Midfielder
    Portmore United

Navian Boyd
    Forward
    Tivoli Gardens

Keammar Daley
    Forward
    Meadhaven

Fabian Taylor
    Forward
    Harbour View

Roen Nelson
    Forward
    Portmore United

First time invitees to the National Senior Level

Please see list of overseas invitees below.

Name

Position

Club

Donovan Ricketts
    Goal Keeper
    Bradford City

Ricardo Gardner
    Defender
    Bolton Wanderers

Claude Davis
    Defender
    Derby County

Ian Goodison
    Defender
    Tranmere Rovers

Damion Stewart
    Defender
    Queens Park Rangers

Tyrone Marshall
    Defender
    Toronto FC

Demar Phillips
    Defender
    Stoke City

Shavar Thomas
    Midfielder
    Chivas

Omar Daley
    Midfielder
    Bradford City

Jason Morrison
    Midfielder
    Royal Whitestar

Jamal Campbell-Ryce
    Midfielder
    Barnesly

Ricardo Fuller
    Midfielder
    Stoke City

Marlon King
    Forward
    Transfer in progress

Luton Shelton
    Forward
    Sheffield United

At the end of the training camp, nine (9) local based players will join the 14 overseas based players to form the final squad for the friendly game.

Please forgive the formatting
    Last edited by Mosiah; January 23, 2008, 06:14 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Who dis ...Jason MorrisonMidfielder
    Royal Whitestar

Jerry Hue get call
    Last edited by Tilla; January 23, 2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

He used to play for Portmore and was one of 3 players sent to the Belgian club, Royal Whitestar. He is not new to the national team.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Check the last squad selected by Tappa. Which players did not find favour with the new TD?

Goalkeepers -Donovan Ricketts (Bradford City, England), Richard McCallumn (Waterhouse FC, Jamaica), Duwayne Kerr (Portmore United, Jamaica).
        Defenders - Demar Phillips (Stoke City, england), Damian Stewart (Queens Park Rangers, England), Ian Goodison (Tranmere Rovers, England), Demar Stewart (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Rafe Wolfe (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC, Canada), Shavar Thomas (Chivas, U.S.), Wolry Wolfe (Portmore United FC, Jamaica), Christopher Jackson (Tivoli Gardens FC, Jamaica). Midfielders - Sean Fraser (Miami FC, U.S.), Jason Morrison (Royal Whitestar, Belgium), Ricardo Gardner (Bolton Wanderers, England), Omar Daley (Bradford City, England), Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday, England), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley, England), Khari Stephenson (AIKS, Sweden), Rudolph Austin (Portmore United FC, Jamaica), Ricardo Geddes (Seba FC, Jamaica), Damian Williams (Waterhouse FC, Jamaica). Forwards - Luton Shelton (Sheffield United, England), Ricardo Fuller (Stoke City, England), Dane Richards (NY Red Bulls, U.S.), Fabian Taylor (Harbour View FC, Jamaica).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Big squad. Good to see Hue back in the picture. I would call Nosworthy too, but I guess there is still time. Where is Tefore Bennett? They not calling him too?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mo, your lobby efforts has once again paid dividends, and Jerry Hue is back to running tings again.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Maybe he got back in because Mo was not pestering this time around.

Comment

Big up Rene. That is why you a my coach, you give so many people a chance to make the side. Get the local players a change to play. Not just invite 14 overseas player but you call 24 locals fi prove themselves.

You call the man them with time to do a thing, not the last minute thing we use to.

Big up Mr.Simones

Gamma and Mosiah that a fi annoy unnu
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nah star, Mi drawback mi opinions on Roen Nelson. What a blertnaaawt rux. A Trinidad mash him up? Mi sorry mi go the match today to blertnaawt. We dominate Ruxie View and di man get 2 chance wha easier fi score and him miss. ONE WID DI OPEN NET!!! KEEPER DROP DI BALL AND DI GOAL EMPTY!!!!! IT DID IMPOSSIBLE FI MISS DAT!!! DEM HIM GET A OPEN HEADER FROM 2 YARDS OUT WHA HIM SEND INNA DI AIR. NO DEFENDER NEAR HIM, DI DYAMN EEDIAT STAND UP BY HIMSELF AND MISS IT TO RHATID!!!! Bun mi u see star. Nuttin nuh sweeter dan when we beat Ruxie View. Send him back a the Ruxie Trinidad League.

Comment

Big up Mr.Simones
                    Sass, ah full time yuh know how fi spell di man name man. You have a girl frien' name Simones, but a TD name Simoes.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Shavar Thomas and Ricardo Fuller are now midfielders?

Comment

Oh HL i see the local based player in JA are getting thier chance but dont worry i uspect they will soon be replace by a fresh batch of UB40 after this trianing session

Comment

I can see you are worried Namishut. Nuh watch us, watch yuh Trini side.

Comment

tilla I did it because I know it would annoy somebody.

if you notice it is in red. I haven't spelt it that way since about 10 years.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you notice how many under 20 inna it?

The only man mi sorry nuh get a chance a Dane Richards and Obrien White but hopefully they will get their chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X