Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Awards for Obrien White

O'Brian White Collects NSCAA Player of the Year Honors

BALTIMORE, Md. (January 19, 2008) - O'Brian White (Scarborough, Ontario) was named the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Player of the Year Friday at the Marriott Waterfront in conjunction with the 2008 NSCAA Convention. The award completes the trifecta of Player of the Year awards for the junior forward, as White has already been named the Soccer America POY and M.A.C Hermann Trophy recipient.
    The First Team All-American honoree finished the 2007 season with an NCAA-leading 23 goals and 53 points and the school record for single-season goals.
    White, whose 23 goals included three hat tricks and the first back-to-back hat tricks in UConn history, surpassed his combined totals for his first two seasons with the Huskies. While he won BIG EAST Rookie of the Year honors with 10 goals in 2005, he slumped to seven goals in 2006.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Is the JFF in communication with this yute to express their interest in having him included in our program? If I were the Canadian Soccer Association mi would try my best to snatch him away from Jamaica.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am not worried about Canada claiming him as I do not see that happening. When you think about it, the young man is now 23 years old. He has represented us in under-15 through under-20 competitions at the national level. If he were to switch, FIFA rules says he has o do so before his 21st birthday. The fact that he has not switched as yet means he is now tied to Jamaica.

That said, the JFF should try to get him in our program ASAP.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sass is he a forward like Damani Ralph? Are they of the same mold?
        NEVER SEEN WHITE PLAY.

Comment

No White can also play midfield or wide.

He would be a good option to put exactly behind two good forwards.

He is fast and pass the ball and run into space. Under the right type of coaching I think he could be danerous.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok sah, juss checking.

Comment

plays mid for his club team.

Comment

One ting mi know is dat
                priestly ah balla.

Comment

Put it this way Akeem was 6 feet tall and Obrien was a giant.

Comment

Why yuh rate Priestly so much? Does he have Brazilian heritage?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X