RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxhill unwittingly emphasises his failings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxhill unwittingly emphasises his failings!

Boxhill remains steadfast - JFF president remains unmoved by calls to step down
    published: Tuesday | October 3, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

BOXHILL

The embattled president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Crenston Boxhill, remains firm amidst more pressure for him to step down after the Reggae Boyz' latest debacle.

The Boyz crashed out of the 2006/07 Digicel Caribbean Cup after failing narrowly to advance from the four-team Group D first round tournament hosted by Jamaica.

Boxhill, who has been under constant pressure for the last two years to resign, said that doesn't bother him one bit.

"In terms of detractors calling for my head, that's not the part that bothers me. The part that bothers me is when you don't get value for money," Boxhill told The Gleaner, yesterday.

He continued: "The performance of the team must be of concern, especially when you try to put everything in place and you don't get the results."

Boxhill, who took office with a narrow victory in a bitterly fought election over Captain Horace Burrell in 2003, said despite the setbacks, the programme was still moving forward.

"We are still going ahead. We still have the Under-17 team and I am very confident that we will qualify for the World Cup and the women's team is doing quite well," he pointed out.

"I think in due time with the sorting out of the technical staff, it will be just a matter of time before the senior team's performances improve," he added.

"I am not going to pin point any coaching errors because I was not certain of the instructions that were given. But I figured that errors were made throughout the tournament and it has to be addressed whether by the coaching staff or the players," he continued.

Booed

On Friday, the fans booed the Reggae Boyz for their lacklustre performance and even cheered the St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) team, which won 2-1.

Boxhill pointed out that supporters are just like that.

"Fans are like this throughout the world and if they figure you are doing poorly they are going to let you know. Against SVG the team played poorly and the fans made no bones about it.

"But if you were at the stadium yesterday (Sunday), especially throughout the first half, these were the same fans that were cheering for them. They were satisfied and were being entertained. These were the same fans that even booed the team when they came out," the president reiterated.

Jamaica will next play Canada in an international friendly, on October 8, at the National Stadium.

--------

The JFF leader makes the case that in the first half (before lack of preparedness set in) the REGGAE BOYZ performed better than later in the game!

In the first half there was much to cheer about! In the second half - zilch?</DIV>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Boxhill unwittingly emphasises his failings!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Brown: Reggae Boyz not physically prepared</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>CMC
    Tuesday, October 03, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=175 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>BROWN ... all the changes we made were forced changes</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) - Reggae Boyz coach Carl Brown has admitted that his side was physically unprepared, after the title-holders failed to advance from Group D of the Digicel Caribbean Cup on Sunday night.

Brown, who has recently returned as interim coach, said the players needed more time to get themselves ready for the championship.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Physically the team is not in good shape and that's simply the reason why the team wasn't able to go through the entire 90 minutes doing what we started out doing," Brown said.

This, he said, was due to the "fact that the team assembled pretty late for training".<P class=StoryText align=justify>Using Fabian Dawkins as an example, Brown said the player had not played for three weeks and was brought into the team, short of match fitness.

Despite scoring a 2-0 win over Haiti on Sunday night, the Jamaicans were still eliminated.<P class=StoryText align=justify>All three teams, Jamaica, Haiti and St Vincent &amp; The Grenadines, finished Group D on six points each. Jamaica and SVG finished on a similar goal difference, but SVG progressed based on the head-to-head clash which saw a 2-1 victory for SVG.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Brown said apart from not being able to carry their first half performance into the final 45 minutes, injuries to key players also affected their game plan.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"All the changes we made were forced changes," Brown lamented.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"The first thing that changed everything was when we had to move Jermaine Taylor out. That started to change all the plans we had and immediately in the second half we had players going down again.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I don't believe they (Haiti) played better, it's just that we weren't able to get up, step up another notch and the game levelled off in the second half."<P class=StoryText align=justify>Haiti's coach Carlo Marcellin said he was disappointed with Sunday's result.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We are really disappointed with the result of the match, because that was not what we had planned at the start of the match," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"A major factor was that we lost our first choice goalkeeper, and it was two goalie mistakes, which contributed to the goals."<P class=StoryText align=justify>He also sympathised with the Jamaicans, noting: "It's unfortunate they lost that game against St Vincent and the Grenadines, but I have a lot of respect for Jamaica. They are a pretty good team."<P class=StoryText align=justify>----------- <P class=StoryText align=justify>"It's unfortunate they lost that game against St Vincent and the Grenadines, but I have a lot of respect for Jamaica. They are a pretty good team." - Haiti's coach Carlo Marcellin <P class=StoryText align=justify>Suh wah yuh a seh Coach Carlo Marcellin...di Reggae Boyz dem neva fit? A wanda why dat cudda be?<P class=StoryText align=justify>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl (10/3/2006)Using Fabian Dawkins as an example, Brown said the player had not played for three weeks and was brought into the team, short of match fitness.

Who forced him to choose someone who hasn't played in 3 weeks and coming off an injury? Why are the other players unfit? They began training for their clubs in July!

If wi need to mek excuses, at least come wid some good ones nuh man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (10/3/2006)
        Karl (10/3/2006)Using Fabian Dawkins as an example, Brown said the player had not played for three weeks and was brought into the team, short of match fitness.
        Who forced him to choose someone who hasn't played in 3 weeks and coming off an injury? Why are the other players unfit? They began training for their clubs in July!

If wi need to mek excuses, at least come wid some good ones nuh man!
        I think what you should do is stick up for our REGGAE BOYZ, our football - by giving a report on the matches you saw?

I think you should clearly state whether or not the time the JFF leaders allotted to making TEAM was sufficient?

I think you should tell us if your type of leadership would have had the same type of 'just be fore tournament'...'grab-a-team policy'?

It is good to be forthright and upfront on time CB was given to prepare the squad...and, not either by silence or by '****-footing' around seek to absolve the JFF leadership of any responsibility and or total responsibility for the fiasco and terribly dire straights in which we currently find ourselves? Right?

Aside: There is, ofcourse, the opposite side to what is written below! A group burying head in the sand or for whatever reason...giving tacit support to leaders who run us into the ground are shaping the future...but,shaping it in a ways that will bring negative, even catastrophic results.

Boxhill's type of leadership/management has created this disaster! The fact is the time allotted to prepare the TEAM was grossly inadequate! Those second half meltdowns speak loudly and clearly!

Comment

OH SNAP SON!

Mosiah just got BOXED! - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Mosiah now that you can't blame the overseas players as you like to do after every Reggae Boyz game and you are not allowed to critizethe JFFbased upon your agreement withBoxhillwho are you blaming now for this latest display? Thanks in advance. - T.K.

Comment

Even when the earth beneath Clueless Crenston is sinking, the man is still resolute
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mosiah is a regular groupie. Hortikal the answer to all of our questions is money. Mosiah simplycannot bite the hand that feeds him. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                X