'Heads should roll'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Heads should roll'

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>'Heads should roll'</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>Chung Fah angry at Jamaica's early elimination from Digicel Caribbean Cup</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>KAYON RAYNOR, Observer staff reporter
    Tuesday, October 03, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>CHUNG FAH ... I don't care, because there is nowhere in the Caribbean that there is more talent than we have in Jamaica </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>In the aftermath of Jamaica failing to qualify for the second round of the Digicel Caribbean Cup, two respected football minds - Winston Chung Fah and Stewart Stephenson - are calling for urgent steps to be taken to get the nation's football back of track.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Former technical director of the national programme, Chung Fah, currently based in the Cayman Islands, reacting to the shocking news yesterday told the Observer that heads must roll.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"You have just disturbed me... I mean the first round we have not hurdled - a country like Haiti that has been dormant for so long has gone ahead of us - something is seriously wrong and heads should be rolling somewhere... heads should be rolling!" Chung Fah said.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=156 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>STEPHENSON ... this is pretty much a new low for Jamaica </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Stephenson, who was recently re-elected president of the powerful Kingston and St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA) for his fourth two-year term, has called for a review of the team's performance.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"My own view is that the technical committee of the JFF and the leadership of the federation has to take very serious note of what has taken place. This is pretty much a new low for Jamaica and if we are to build our momentum going forward to 2010 (World Cup in South Africa), clearly the technical committee and the JFF leadership has to evaluate and review what has taken place and put strategies in place to re-float the campaign going forward to 2010," Stephenson said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The astute administrator added. "Whatever it takes, I believe strong decision have to be made, but importantly for me, I think we need to keep our players a little more together, because when I looked at the French team (Haiti) and the St Vincent team, you'd see that these are teams that have played together and have an understanding, which was clearly lacking in our team," Stephenson noted.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Defending three-time champions Jamaica, under the leadership of Carl Brown, were eliminated from the first round of the Digicel Caribbean Cup on Sunday by virtue of a one-goal difference, as Haiti and St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) progressed to phase two of the competition.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Reggae Boyz, who had beaten St Lucia 4-0, before losing 1-2 to SVG, needed to beat Haiti by three clear goals to advance, but failed to do so, beating Haiti by only a 2-0 margin.<P class=StoryText align=justify>That meant Haiti and SVG moved into the second round, to join Barbados, Antigua &amp; Barbuda, Guyana, Suriname, Dominican Republic, Bermuda, Guadeloupe and Martinique will compete in the next round for the seven places alongside hosts Trinidad &amp; Tobago at the finals in January 2007.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Chung Fah, who served as technical director of Jamai
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: 'Heads should roll'

Why should they roll? It does not matter who they put in we will still suck. We could bring back Burrell and ain't nothing happening. Might as well leave Boxhill alone and allow him to play administrator till he gets bored and moves on to another activity. I don't even worry about Jamaican football on the national level. I take solace inwatching our individualplayers perform well with their respective club teams. After that I don'tget my blood pressure. We will not qualify for another world cup in my life time. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Those who did not support the vote of no-confidence to remove Boxhill must share some blame for this disaster.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I wonder if Jack can change the rules and let us back in?
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

jack nuh run the competition

Comment

Can you put this on the front page..

Or does it not meet protocol of the new forum.

Comment

OJ you right. A few weeks ago I say a few things and I told it to an admin in private, but now more than ever the forum is like a North Korea kinda thing.

I curtailed my involvement over the past month and a half because I see what is happening. I have my opinion and I saw what is happening a long time ago, people in the JFF talking bout improvement but not doing a damn. I constantly talk about the grab a team and the lack of preparation but if you do and you don't live in Ja you a sell-out so mi take it easy, cause mi will be called "whiteman lover" if you talk about professionalism around here.

It is simple we need professionalism from the JFF, the coaches and the players and nothing can substitute it. Mi done talk and I can hope this is not deleted.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>

Well! If someoneis to replace Clueless Creston there is not much time to do it.After the Gold Cup next year then this:

Starting in 2007, the top teams from the Digicel Caribbean Cup will also qualify for the preliminary round of the 2010 World Cup [1]. ...
                en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digicel_Cup - 49k - <NOBR>Cached - Similarpages</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

ah dem mentality ah kill wi ebry time. call di spade bredren an stop use defensive arguments.

Comment

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So the bag of money the JFF supposed to get and swing this way no come through yet?

Here I was thinking the forum was being sanitized for the JFF's liking and to ensure that they come but ad time on here and so the man dem put dem self in gatekeeping positions but mi no see no move from the JFF yet.

Man and man think say we blind and like dem no know say history repeats itself

Homeview all over again and if unnu think say man no see it unnu make a sad mistake.

"Blessed is the child that has his own" so time fi the child fly the nest and move forth.

respect

Comment

Naminirt (10/3/2006)jack nuh run the competition
                        That has never stopped him before from changing the competition to get T&amp;T in.

Yuh walk right inna this one Nami.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Shatta Cleve (10/4/2006)So the bag of money the JFF supposed to get and swing this way no come through yet?

Here I was thinking the forum was being sanitized for the JFF's liking and to ensure that they come but ad time on here and so the man dem put dem self in gatekeeping positions but mi no see no move from the JFF yet.

Man and man think say we blind and like dem no know say history repeats itself

Homeview all over again and if unnu think say man no see it unnu make a sad mistake.

"Blessed is the child that has his own" so time fi the child fly the nest and move forth.

respect
                          Shatta Cleve a yuh dis? Mi cyaan believe hit? Yuh tink seh dis yah collection of RBSC leaders wudda sell hout di RBSC?

Yuh figet a wi beat back di Homeview raid? ...an yuh still ave fi-yuh vote yah?

Seh mi neva read yuh correctly?

Yes, the site is being positioned to earn more revenue...but, there is no attempt to compromise our integrity.

Take a good look at our Editorials, Columns and news articles...and, do not forget to review the posts on this very forum?

To be specific to this forum - You will notice that the views expressed here cover an extremely wide range...although after the recentCFU disaster andimmediately after the tribute to Courtneyposted on the day of his funeral was pulled, it appears the majority posts called for the dismissal/ousting of Boxhill and his team.

tell me seh mi nuh ova-stan yuh?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X