No announcement yet.

Newcastle let go Big Sam Allardyce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ask John Barnes! This is what happens when you go to manage a big club with supporters that have unrealistic expectations for greatness, and you have a bad run of luck with injuries and games. John Barnes only lasted 6 months at Celtic, a big club with fools as supporters, and so did Big Sam at Newcastle, a club with fools as supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
      WOW Newcastle let go Sam after the Chairman voiced his commitment. Bwoy what did HL say...Pack you bag and keep it in your car full of gas.

...but, is Big Sam a good manager?

I wonder? - He had fair players at Bolton but Bolton played waaaaaay too often 'bullying game'. The players worked hard...but, good smooth flowing TEAMplay was too often absent. I thought he had good touch players in some players and good supporting run-arounds and a good goalkeeper...but, he opted for(?) or just could not make a smooth playing team.

Yeah! Yeah! There were times Bolton moved the ball around in a great manner...but, that just makes the point that the players could do that and yet most often never did!

Not sure Big Sam is all that?!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, not saying he is the best ... check and see how many times his Bolton beat Arsenal.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

he took bolton from league 1 to the epl in 2000-2001 and they hay remained there since.....he even qualified them for uefa....

bolton may not have played the most attractive football but big sam made the most of what he had...bolton couldn't afford high priced players and he survived the epl with almost a shoestring budget...

he is a good manager!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that's the "bullkying" he's talking about.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Karl, not saying he is the best ... check and see how many times his Bolton beat Arsenal.
              When we could not handle that type 'ruffness'!
              Would not work today!

btw - I know you luv our young GUNNERS! ...and, secretly pick them for EPL title!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                he took bolton from league 1 to the epl in 2000-2001 and they hay remained there since.....he even qualified them for uefa....

bolton may not have played the most attractive football but big sam made the most of what he had...bolton couldn't afford high priced players and he survived the epl with almost a shoestring budget...

he is a good manager!
                He did a good job! ...not the best job!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  ...but, is Big Sam a good manager?

I wonder? - He had fair players at Bolton but Bolton played waaaaaay too often 'bullying game'. The players worked hard...but, good smooth flowing TEAMplay was too often absent. I thought he had good touch players in some players and good supporting run-arounds and a good goalkeeper...but, he opted for(?) or just could not make a smooth playing team.

Yeah! Yeah! There were times Bolton moved the ball around in a great manner...but, that just makes the point that the players could do that and yet most often never did!

Not sure Big Sam is all that?!
                  Karl, you may not have liked Sam's style, but his results with Bolton (and their shoe string budget) says he is a very good manager. You can't use Newcastle as any form of metric as he was not given enough time to stamp his system on the club.

Comment

he did the best possible job with what he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      When we could not handle that type 'ruffness'!
                      Would not work today!

btw - I know you luv our young GUNNERS! ...and, secretly pick them for EPL title!
                      When it comes to football there is no secret fi me. I've picked the following winners at the beginning of the season.

Community Shield - Manu - check.
                      Carling Cup - Manu - not gonna happen.
                      EPL - MAnu
                      Fa Cup - Manu
                      Champions League - Manu
                      La Liga - Barca
                      Seria A - AC Milan - not gonna happen.
                      UEFA Cup -Bayern Munich.

Archive dis so you won't get confused in the future.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        When it comes to football there is no secret fi me. I've picked the following winners at the beginning of the season.

Community Shield - Manu - check.
                        Carling Cup - Manu - not gonna happen.
                        EPL - MAnu
                        Fa Cup - Manu
                        Champions League - Manu
                        La Liga - Barca
                        Seria A - AC Milan - not gonna happen.
                        UEFA Cup -Bayern Munich.

Archive dis so you won't get confused in the future.
                        Good to see you stick yuh ead hout!
                        ...and, I hope you are not embarrassed at the end of the season...

....excepting on the Young GUNNERS winning the EPL, FA Cup and the Champions League!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                          Karl, you may not have liked Sam's style, but his results with Bolton (and their shoe string budget) says he is a very good manager. You can't use Newcastle as any form of metric as he was not given enough time to stamp his system on the club.
                          Have to give him his props at Bolton...
                          ...but, Newcastle...time or no time...he was a flop!

Comment

Gamma, what do you think of Ramos now?

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            it's not the first time tottenham have flattered to deceive but for berbatov (who may leave soon) they are struggling...look how many goals they leak!!!

i mean how often does a side score 4 goals in the premiership and lose by 2?

klinnsman would be a good match for them.
                            It seemed you had doubts...
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

i did....look benitez is a good coach, a very good coach yet liverpool doesn't as well as they could or should....

ramos is a also a very good coach and has settled the defence and that has made them more dangerous and consistent.

Comment

Keegan making Big Sam look good to rhatid
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X