Were we expectecting too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were we expectecting too much?

Regardless of the results today Jamaica can only seek out the few positives from this competition and build on it. From what I read Jamaica was unfortunate to lose against StVG as they had the mor share of the ball possession in that game. In fact, Jamaica outshot StVG 10 to 2 and had 9 corners to their opponent's 3. However, the old adage is painfully true: goals win games.

Yet, considering that Jamaica was missing over 22 of their top international players maybe we were expecting too much of the local lads. Just look at the following list to get a picture of the main pieces we were missing:

Jermaine Johnson (Bradford), Jermaine Hue (Sweden), Andy Williams (RSL), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (England), Micah Hyde (England), Jason Euell (Charlton), Richard Langley (England), Keith Kelly (Injured), Khari Stephenson (GAIS), Damani Ralph (Rubin Kazan), Marlon King (Watford), Luton Shelton (Sweden), Teofore Bennett (Sweden), Deon Burton (Shef Wednesday), Ricardo Fuller (Stoke ?), Kevin Lisbey, (England), Tyrone Marshall (LA), Shavar Thomas (KC), Damion Stewart (QPR), Claude Davis (Shef United), Ricardo Gardner (Bolton), Donovan Ricketts (Bradford).
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: Were we expectecting too much?

Here we go with the excuses :hehe:

Comment

Isn't there a regular talk of abundance of talent? If thats the case, any 11 should do the trick.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I certainly would feel like there is no hope had we lost to StVG using our top players. As it is, we used a set of players of whom only about one or possible two could likley figure on a Jamaican 1st team.

Yes it is an excuse but one you cannot deny holds true. Am I still concerned that we lost to StVG? Absolutely! But at the same time I'm going to give some credit to a well-prepared StVG team. Then of course I will have to also consider the length of time CB had to prepare his players.

However, I will not close my eyes to the fact that not much quality deh bout in the NPL. Either that, or the person(s) who selected the players did a very poor job.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Lazie (10/1/2006)Isn't there a regular talk of abundance of talent? If thats the case, any 11 should do the trick.
          If you lighten up a little...you'll get more out of my posts!

Any X1 with preparation! You really... - Must I really say it again? -you really cannot expect anycollection of X1 players to always defeat these Caribbean TEAMs.

I'll first take you back to the 1st RBSC Editorial

- http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/editoria...=the&id=12

and tell you to read between the lines -(...or is it I am hitting you over the head? http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/views.as...arl&id=105) - when I later said, "it is expected that we will defeat anyof the Caribbean TEAMswith a 'grab a team' philosophy"!Pleeease?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The bottom line is that Jamaica thought that SVG was NOT WORTH preparing for AND THE FANS THOUGHT SO TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We weren't expecting too much at all. We just have to get used to our situation right now. Despite every little wiseman here from under every little rock hitting out against Jamaican football, our player pool is deeper than ever and it will get deeper out of necessity asour much maligned NPLclubs continue to ship players to pro leagues all over the world - their replacements will rise.

Fact is some ol' man inna di cut will tell you about the 1960's buteven aJamaican third string teamnowadays can go out and perform better against international opponents than those one- bag-a-'town ballers' ever could. Why? look at people like Omar Daley and Fabian Dawkins, youth world cup veterans and Fabian Davis, Jermaine Taylor, Garfield Reid and Roland Dean -these guys probably played more top level youth games and got more quality training and international exposure before they were twenty than any of our stars of the past. But back to the present topic, how many of our three opponents in this qualifying group would be glad to start any of those players in their first choice teams...
              SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Bring back your best players for regional matches. Ignore this at your own peril

Comment

Siya (10/1/2006) look at people like Omar Daley and Fabian Dawkins, youth world cup veterans and Fabian Davis, Jermaine Taylor, Garfield Reid and Roland Dean -these guys probably played more top level youth games and got more quality training and international exposure before they were twenty than any of our stars of the past.

Funny that you should name some of these players together. Omar Daley (Princess was right), Garfield Reid (Karl was wrong), Fabian Davis and Jermaine Taylor (I was wrong), have either failed to live up to expectations, have passed their due date, or they have just seriously regressed. None deserve a call up for the Canada game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unnuha joker. Wasnt it a fully local team WD use and mash up Digicel Cup last time? CB had Omar Daley, Sean Fraser and Fabian Dawkins as foreign-based ballers. WD use a team full of youngters and mash up carib cup so nuh badda come wid dat ya man.

From mi CB a coach mi know say wiwouldn't go nuh weh.

Comment

Beside, If we haffi call fi we overseas playersthem fi play Soft side like ST VINCENT we football really gone to the dogs.

Comment

NO!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We beat Haiti 2-0 out shot SVG 10 -2 by your estimate so how in the world can you come up with that conclusion , fact is by your estimates we should have won all our games .
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Warrior (10/1/2006)The bottom line is that Jamaica thought that SVG was NOT WORTH preparing for AND THE FANS THOUGHT SO TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Should we read JFF leadersinstead of Jamaica?

...soooo - The bottom line is that JFF leadersthought thatTHIS PHASE OF THECFU TOURNAMENTwas NOT WORTH preparing for!!!!!!!!!!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Expecting too much against St. Vincenet and the Grenadines! Hahahahaha.......too funny......too funny! Woieee......will the jokes never stop. - T.K.
                              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                              X