Welcome back Professor Simoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back Professor Simoes

You were able to achieve a great deal of development during your last time here and we all hope that you will be able to duplicate this success again. We have high expectations. We hope you will be able to not only qualify the senior team for the senior World Cup but also get our youth and women’s teams back on track.

What we have needed is a Technical Director in charge all the football programs and this is what we now have. Who know, Bora may even have been a better coach but what we need in Jamaica is a Technical director.

I am glad to Simoes will be trying again to implement a coaching certification program that was not successful the last time around. This is probably one of the most important things that can improve technical abilities of our players.

I have been observing the forum for some time and all the arguments about the academy site. But I think that Simoes hit the nail on the head. If the goal is for all national teams then the site is not appropriate. If it is only for youth development and an ‘academy’ then St. Elizabeth is just fine. But how can we have a football academy when we don’t even have a training center for the various national teams? How does this make sense? The national teams always have to be begging for a place to train.

The previous JFF administration has done some serious damage to Jamaican football, and the list is so long. How can the federation choose a site for a ‘football academy’, purchase the site without a written arrangement for football fields? What happens if they could not work out the arrangements for the field, what then?

Anyway, the worst thing done by the previous JFF administration is to change the constitution to only allow people with appointments in a confederation to hold a JFF office. This now means that only the old guard of ineffective people can become president. If an outsider with administrative and strategic skills cannot be president unless they have a position within on the parish or regional confederations. This simple change was attempted to keep Captain Burrell out of office but will likely allow him to now stay in office for a long time.

Now all the critics are out looking closely at Burrell, but where were they during the Boxhill administration. Can people imaging that Jamaica went on a tour of England and played a gain against England, got paid 100,000 pounds appearance fee, got sponsorship for the tour and still ending the tour in a net loss? This is because they neglected to tell the public that they had to pay back the English FA for tickets sold. Plus all the problems that occurred during the tour. If this had happened when Burrell was president we would have heard how they “thief” the money.

Its good to have the critics looking closely and examining all aspects and decisions. I hope that this continues for all administrations.

Respect.
    Mac
Working...
X