RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ASK a financial football question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit of a jump Hortical. Dont mean he should not do buisness and I dont know if he broke the law in Jamaica. What we do know is buisness like others dont comply with laws pertaining to what they are engaged in but seems to be very profitable. What we do know is the NPL is hanging on to a sponsorship that certainly wont meet there financial targets.

Comment

No. Pepsi was concerned about the RBSC staff having access to people's information, and Scaly said, "It's not that difficult to get info these days."

Don't sweat it, Hortical! Likkle joke!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

at least them have time fi look another sponsor or two.

It coulda come pon them like thief in the night as Enron did.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
          bit of a jump Hortical. Dont mean he should not do buisness and I dont know if he broke the law in Jamaica. What we do know is buisness like others dont comply with laws pertaining to what they are engaged in but seems to be very profitable. What we do know is the NPL is hanging on to a sponsorship that certainly wont meet there financial targets.

But OJ dont u think if he broke many laws and was charged in New Jersey which is public knowledge then we should have stayed away in Jamaica ?

Past behaviour is always the best indicator of future behaviour...who said that again ?

Comment

can you reconcile this for me....

I dont know if he broke the law in Jamaica. What we do know is buisness like others dont comply with laws pertaining to what they are engaged in

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

uhmm I would stay away knowing what I know. I am just saying that everyone has a right to make mistake and start over. It worries me that those who shold have been in the know should have be aware of the government opposition to cpl

Comment

Maybe Carlos laffing all the way to the bank now, wid briefcase and sunshade
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

I meant we are presenting the legal woes from the State of New Jersey and trying to apply that against him in jamaica. What we are seeing is some sort of issue regarding grey areas around investment groups in JA and CPL like Olint and others are caught into that scenario. I am not for or against it, but I dont think we should call the man a criminal or deviant or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    OJ, I don't think it is a jump. The man was convicted of financial crimes, and served time in prison, and he is a convicted criminal.

Based on his financial criminal record, he should not be given a permit/license to run a business that involves financial matters in Jamaica.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

oj...it is common sense that stricter scrutiny be applied to someone who has such a history should they attempt to become involved in the financial sector, a sector which relies so HEAVILY on investor confidence. financial/confidence crimes are relevant to the industry.

not saying he shouldn't get a chance but it should be put on the table....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed but again I am hesitant to call the man criminal base on the New Jersey happening which I only know of through the observer timely reporting. But I do believe that could be so and he is doing an above board job up until the FSC intervention, in which he should comply.

Comment

So you are saying that having served his ties he cannot be on a board of directors with past convictions pardon or not. Also I think if you were to got down that path you would find a few people. Anyway I do respect your opinion but I always believing with hearing both sides of a story.

Comment

Working...
                          X