No announcement yet.

ISSA should get some blame for this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: ISSA should get some blame for this!!

I can't believe mi eyes to read the original post. Playing football is a privilege, and academics must, and shall come first. Schools should prepare footballers for life after ball playing ends, and very few footballers playing Manning/DaCosta Cup will ever earn a living playing the game.

The standards set by ISSA, are modest at best, and if ballers can not achieve those bare minimums, then they have no right to play high school ball.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It is clear to me that Karl's point is the most lucid and correct. How could anyone arguewith that.

Comment

This initial post really did not deserve to have so many responses. But let me add two small points. Campion College has now won 3 of 4 Manning Cup matches this season. Their last victory was an away win over Camperdown. Camperdown is highly favoured to win the Manning Cup. Campion also went into Tivoli's backyard and stole 3 points there as well. I am supporting them to win the Manning Cup. I want them to prove that nerds to can play ball!

Secondly, if Shawn Sawyers was more of a nerd, then he wouldn't be wasting time in the match tonight against Haiti. Several times, intead of restarting the game right away, he waits until a Haitian player approaches before picking up the ball. I bet the Campion goalie would have realised that he is wasting his own time and we need another goal to advance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really? So only you should offer your infinite wisdom on this topic, and everyone else should just shut up?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

EDUCATION has to be a priority. Schools can put out the effort to see that these students who are academically challenged are helped so that they can at least get to the 45% average. Be they footballers or track athletes, in the long run, it is the student who will SUFFER for lack of academics.

I can't fault ISSA on this at all. Doesn't matter how skilled a baller is on the field, he/she must have some academic SMARTS, how else will they understand simple communication; and how them going to manage them $$ when them get paid.

I love sports, but Education is a MUST HAVE!!
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

If your son or daughter was averaging 45% in four subjects in school, would you be satisfied with that?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

What utter garbage!

So the entire US NCAA colegiate sporting industry is no good then?

More thanhalf of NBA and NFL players come through with a college degree before they enter the draft.

What r u smoking?

Comment

Working...
                X