JFF....National Programme...William Moravek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF....National Programme...William Moravek

The state of the programme is unfortunate. The players and people of Jamaica deserve better.

Paul Young worked at my academy this summer and he has now been added as an assistant to Carl. Paul may be Jamaica's best option for "local" coaches at the national level now and he has been working to expose himself over seas to new methods and coaching techniques. Not only has he worked with my academy but also the University of Maryland's and Connecticut..as well a going to Preston North End for a couple of weeks.

Obviously he has done well in Jamaica's Premier League and as a player here in the USA and with Jamaica's National squad he has proven himself.

If a change in admin comes soon I would encourage them to at least keep Paul in the fold and groom him to someday run the programme.

RE: JFF....National Programme...William Moravek

On another note...

I would offer my assistance to the programme if/when asked to do so. This of course would have to come under a different administration that has a fresh view to the future of building Jamaica's football back and beyond where it was when I was last a coach. My priority is my academy but would be more than generous in my assistance from the USA.

Comment

It's either carl or a foreighn coach! Talk done.

Comment

I am not suggesting to put Paul in as Technical Director now. He is early in his coaching career, However, he could be someone who could be brought along and then after this WC qualifying campaign he may be someone who could manage the programme. He hasbeen under the wing of HoraceReid, so in terms of the management aspect he probably knows more than most. And as a coach he has already achieved quite a bit in Jamaica...as a player he has been exposed to the "A" league and the MLS..plus he played and graduated from NCAA Div. 1 Syracuse University. Not bad credentials for a possible future candidate.

Comment

Ok. simple. Bring in foreign coach at some point and groome him under as assistant, that's all. Same is being done for Anton Corneal in T&T. He is actually a very good coach but has to chill and allow himself to learn some more and have the last laugh later.Take everything you know from the fareign coach and use it pon dem later

Comment

I would agree with Bill, that Paul Young needs to be kept in the program. We cannot build a program on only imported coaches. We have to nurture our over time and what better way to do this than to identify the talent now and expose them when you have the right people in place who they can learn from.

I would say Paul Young for the national program, but not necessarily TD at this time.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Wasn't that what we said about Wendell Downswell, perhaps our most qualified coach? Now he is curbed. When will we put Young out to the curb too?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's right Mosiah. Downswell was destroyed by exposing him to high stakes too early instead of lerring somebody else take the blows while he was understudy

Comment

Working...
                X