Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell is new Western Confederation chairman

Powell is new Western Confederation chairman

HOPEWELL, Hanover — Orville Powell was on Friday night elected unopposed as the chairman of the Jamaica Football Federation’s (JFF’s) Western Confederation at a Special Meeting held in Hopewell, Hanover.
    Powell, the president of the St James Football Association, replaced Everton Tomlinson, who tendered his resignation earlier in the day, hours prior to the meeting which was called to ratify a vote of no-confidence against him.
    It is understood that in the resignation letter that was dated January 3, 2008, and copied to the media, Tomlinson said he decided to step down after consulting with JFF president, Captain Horace Burrell.
    “I wish to advise that after consultation with president of the Jamaica Football Federation... and also on my own reflection, I’ve decided in the best interest of unity in the western football confederation to tender my resignation with immediate effect,” the letter said.
    Powell, who had withdrawn from the election where Tomlinson was returned unopposed some five weeks ago, was the only candidate nominated on Friday night.
    Only two of the four affiliate confederations took part in the process as Westmoreland did not show and Trelawny declined to vote after their request to postpone the voting for a further two weeks was turned down.
    Powell described the tone of the meeting as “amicable” and said they are in the process of putting in the blue print for the development of the sport.
    Powell told the Sunday Observer yesterday that “a plan is being put into place where we will have a constitution to guide us”.
    A meeting of the executive is to be held on January 18 when reports are to be put on the table.
    Meanwhile, six of the seven chairmen for various committees were named. The chairman of the technical committee will be named later.
    David Watt, who is the chairman of the JFF’s Disciplinary Committee, occupies the same position in the confederation; JFF’s second vicepresident Bruce Gaynor will be chairman of the Appeals Committee.
    Craig Oates, the vice-chairman, will chair the finance committee, Dr David McKenzie will chair the medical committee, while Lilly-May Crawford will chair the competitions committee.
    Powell said there are also plans to “centralise the operations of the Confederation” which has operated from the offices of the Westmoreland FA for the past few years.
    — P Reid

POWELL... president of St James FA
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The nature of local football in Jamaica is ('such that') Everton Tomlinson placed in the recycle bin.

He will be back in office shortly.

Chussssss mi.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Powell is new Western Confederation chairman

HOPEWELL, Hanover — Orville Powell was on Friday night elected unopposed as the chairman of the Jamaica Football Federation’s (JFF’s) Western Confederation at a Special Meeting held in Hopewell, Hanover.
      Powell, the president of the St James Football Association, replaced Everton Tomlinson, who tendered his resignation earlier in the day, hours prior to the meeting which was called to ratify a vote of no-confidence against him.

Only two of the four affiliate confederations took part in the process as Westmoreland did not show and Trelawny declined to vote after their request to postpone the voting for a further two weeks was turned down.

— P Reid

2 of 4? Bad start!
      Can the Parishes recover and make good?!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How many voted in the JFF's first meeting following the Congress in Negril, I have news for you, Captain lied when he said all the decisions were unanamous.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Allegedly, Sickko. Allegedly.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

then if them neva vote howit fi count?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That happens all the time, assasin. Lots of Jamaicans did not vote the other day, but the election results count! In the case of the western confed., I suppose that once a quorum is achieved the vote can proceed. Not voting should in no way negate the vote. Imagine what would happen if you knew your side is about to lose a vote. All you would do is not vote and voila!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ah well and then them grumble. That is what we have in Jamaican football. Warmington was kinda right, if you choose not to vote you can't expect full representation. Mi see the Jews them all the time line up and vote and beat out the black people them who choose not to vote, whether it is city, county or school boards and who's interest you think is represented? Win or loose? They have a block that politicians from both sides have to respect.

Ask your relatives inna Spring Valley bout that.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are right. Not Warmington, however! He was wrong and is a fool!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he is a fool but it nearly go so. IF he wan't a fool he could have made his case.

Comment

No sir, I do know at least three people who abstained from voting on various issues but we hear about unanamous...no allegations here boss got it directly from the sources.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

All that was needed in the western confed was 2/3 majority and it was easily achieved
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                        X