X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news, Caple Donaldson shot

Former 'baller 'Corntail' Donaldson shot, hospitalised

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

MONTEGO BAY, St James - Former national striker Caple 'Corntail' Donaldson has been admitted in the Savanna-la-Mar Hospital since Saturday under police guard after he was shot in a supermarket by an off-duty police officer.

According to police reports, Donaldson was shot after he attacked another lawman with knife.

The police say that the former Reno and Rusea's High School representative was "misbehaving" in a Savanna-la-Mar supermarket on Saturday when a police officer asked him to calm down.

Donaldson, who is said to be mentally challenged, reportedly brandished a knife and attacked the cop who then fell to the ground.

It is alleged that the former footballer, threatening that he "must kill somebody today", continued his attack on the police officer, while he was still on the ground.

The off-duty officer, who was on the scene, was reportedly forced to shoot Donaldson to save his colleague's life.

The injured Donaldson was subsequently admitted to hospital under police guard.
    Last edited by Karl; January 1, 2008, 10:06 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

He has been suffering mental problems for a while now and has been living on the streets for years, I know the WFA had tried to raise some funds to try and help him some time ago but as usual we never hear anything after the money has been raised.

Sad story, real sad....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

first off, this is just sad that he could not receive help before this conclusion...

just yesterday i was talking to a friend about a similar situation with a friend that we both know... the friend we were talking about was 'mad' for years in jamaica... his mother managed to get him to the states and got him treatment... he is now happily married for 6 yrs with two children and doing well as a plumber in new york...

i find most in jamaica do not realize that the people who are classified as 'mad' only need treatment 9inclusive of medication), counseling and a change of environment to lead otherwise productive lives...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Sad, while I didn't know him other than seeing him with Reno, I played with his brother Kingley in college for a year and we were very good friends.

Sad fi true.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

good talk say. There is also the issue of people saying a obeah them obeah them and thinking there is no solution. Many if given some care can lead a pretty normal life.

Comment

The first thing we must change is ourselves, our attitudes towards them. As you said, many are not "mad". We call all homeless people mad, when simply helping them back on their feet would be the first step towards "mental recovery".

And yes, there is treatment for all sorts of conditions out there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Our perception of so-called "mad" people is very poor. Mentally ill people are likely to receive better treatment overseas, than in Jamaica.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"Mentally ill people are likely to receive better treatment overseas, than in Jamaica."

Likely?!

Knowing our police, I doubt very much he had to be shot.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X