Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack EM!!!

Big SidEEE!!!
    Thats all that needs to be said!!! Over to you mouth a massy captain Lazie and followers of Anti Big SidEEE!!!
    Rack EM!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

ADebayor Scores Arsenal does not lose once again

Last Updated: Saturday, 22 December 2007, 14:45 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham
    By Phil McNulty

Emmanuel Adebayor celebrates putting Arsenal ahead
    Nicklas Bendtner headed the winner seconds after coming on as substitute to keep Arsenal top of the Premier League with a win against Tottenham.

Emmanuel Adebayor put Arsenal ahead after 48 minutes in the north London derby from a Cesc Fabregas back-heel.

Dimitar Berbatov powered home in the 66th minute, then Robbie Keane's penalty was saved by Manuel Almunia after Kolo Toure fouled the Bulgarian.

Substitute Bendtner strode on after 76 minutes and turned in Fabregas' corner.

Interview: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
    Interview: Tottenham assistant coach Gus Poyet

It was a goal that left Spurs without a victory against their arch-rivals in eight years.

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos sprang a surprise by giving a first start to Jamie O'Hara - and the 21-year-old distinguished himself in a dreadful first half.

Mathieu Flamini hooked wide early on but the visitors were well-disciplined and never allowed Arsenal into their normally smooth stride.

Spurs keeper Paul Robinson saved well from Emmanuel Eboue's shot and Toure's header but there was little sign of the defensive frailties that have plagued Tottenham's season.

The game burst into life three minutes after the re-start when a brilliant flick from Fabregas sent in Adebayor, who slid a composed finish past Robinson.

But Spurs were well in contention and Keane should have equalised after 65 minutes, only to lash a volley against the bar from eight yards when Aaron Lennon's cross found him unmarked at the far post.

Spurs, however, only had to wait a matter of seconds for the equaliser.

Keane produced a neat flick near the byeline and the lurking Berbatov smashed high past Almunia at his near post.

Spurs then wasted a golden opportunity to set the platform for victory after 71 minutes.

606: DEBATE
    Have your say on the North London derby

Referee Rob Styles rightly pointed to the spot when Toure upended Berbatov but Keane's penalty was too casual and too central, allowing Almunia to dive to his right to save.

And punishment was instant and painful for Tottenham as Arsenal went ahead in remarkable circumstances.

Both managers made changes, with Jermain Defoe replacing the dejected Keane and Bendtner replacing Eboue.

Bendtner had not touched the ball when he made his way into the Tottenham penalty area and rose to power Fabregas' corner past Robinson, once again proving Gunners' boss Wenger has the Midas touch against Spurs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor 7.60 (on 90 minutes).

Please note that you can still give the players marks out of 10 on BBC Sport's Player Rater after the match has finished.
    Player Rater

Bookmark with:
    Delicious Digg reddit Facebook StumbleUpon
    What are these?
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Working...
    X