Haitian Digicel Team SUPPORTER Robbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haitian Digicel Team SUPPORTER Robbed

<DIV>Not much details right now. Stay locked to this forum for the latest.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I reported earlier that they were held up at gunpoint, but I'm not sure about that. </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Haitian Digicel Team SUPPORTER Robbed

the whole team??!!! mi ****...a wha a gwaan?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mosiah (9/28/2006) <DIV>Not much details right now. Stay locked to this forum for the latest.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I reported earlier that they were held up at gunpoint, but I'm not sure about that. </DIV>
      That they were robbed is unfortunate. Thenatureof the robbery and thecircumstances under which they were robbed is very important.

There is always a danger of criminal activity.But, it is normal protocol that each team is assigned host FA'sliaison officer(s) and advised ofwhen, where andhow they can move around outside oftheir assigned...'safe' residence.

There is, in every country, precautions that must be taken to ensureoptimum humanly possible safety of visiting officials and guests (other members ofvisiting football parties).

I have had experienceacting as liaisonofficer of the JFF for visiting referee teams.

The responsibilitiesincluded but were not limited to - tying to satisfy 'every need' as anticipated and as requested and advising of movement around the island and indeed traveling with the party. Taking the party to dinner or for drinks (non-acoholic before matches &amp; or duration of tournament)...having meals with the party.

Acting as liaison re: requests associated with arrival at match venue for pre-match checks; traveling with andensuring arrivalat match venue as requested by the referee in charge of the referee's team (i.e. the man assigned to 'the middle');facilitate entrance to arena; liaise to ensurechanging room properly prepared; enter teams dressing rooms with refs - keeping mouth sealed...on hand to respond to any requests from the referee in charge and or 'problems that may come under my charge'.Identify myself to the security personnel in charge of arena security and security detail for 'tunnel'/entrance to and from field; standby during game at easily assessable location - national stadium: cycle track...JarrettPark actually on sidelines near toreserve ref (4th man)...or just inside fence/entrance - (Have not been to Jarrett Park in years physical changes may have taken place) - (4th man).After match - traveling with referee team back to hotel.

Having said all that thereis always a period when the referees team is alone...and, the team or member(s) of the team can always disregard the given safety advise and wander off putting self in danger.

Our own Joe Sanguinetti in a South American country(or was it a Central American country) that was ina state ofcivil unrest got up and went for his usual early morning run - starting, if I remember correctly, somewhere around 6.00am local time.Fortunately he never came into confrontation with any criminal element. Clearly if he got robbed then it could not have beenblamed on the local FA.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl!

How yu so **** verbose? Just hurry up and say that you were a hostess fi de man dem and done. No need for all that extra ying yang. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><U><SPAN class=TopStory>JFF condemns robbery of Haitian supporter</SPAN>
          <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></U>
          </TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
          Friday, September 29, 2006
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          <P class=StoryText align=justify>The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) has condemned the robbery of a Haitian football supporter at Barbican football field in St Andrew yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>According to the JFF, Haitian supporter Jean Robert Fleurima was reportedly held up at gunpoint by a gunman and robbed of an undetermined sum of money - metres from the Haitian team's training venue - during a session yesterday morning.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Allegations are that the man was robbed of an estimated US$1,000 to US$2,000.<P class=StoryText align=justify>JFF press officer Garth Willaims told the Observer that the Federation denounces the incident, even though the person robbed was neither a player nor official.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We really regret this sort of incident and condemn it, especially because it has offended one of our visiting neighbours," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We're trying deal with it right now as the police are on top of things, so hopefully they get to the bottom of the matter and let the visiting Haitians feel a little more secure while they're here.," he added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Williams said the victim is one of 26 Haitians currently in the Island to support their team in the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
          "The Haitian Football Federation requested immigration clearance for 51 persons... however, the JFF is responsible only for 25 (players and official), with the Haitian Federation taking care of the remaining 26 that came in their company," Williams disclosed.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"What happened though was that one of the members of that 26 that we are not responsible for was robbed of an undetermined sum of money and a bag which contained some valuables, while the Haitains were training at the Barbican field," Williams explained.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Haiti, St Lucia, St Vicent and the Grenadines, along with hosts Jamaica, are competing in Group D of the competition which is being staged at the National Stadium. The top two teams will advance to the second round.<P class=StoryText align=justify>---------<P class=StoryText align=justify>Cho Mosiah, man - Yuh misleddi ole a wi! Unfortunate happenings...but, it is a relief to hearit wasnot the team and or any official!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh affi see wid Karl. Him somehow forget that the victim is still a visitor to the island. Anything fi nuh mek it seem suh bad Karl will draw fah.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (9/29/2006)Yuh affi see wid Karl. Him somehow forget that the victim is still a visitor to the island. Anything fi nuh mek it seem suh bad Karl will draw fah.
                I understand that! ...and, know that it is still not good...but, it is somewhat less disturbing that a hold-up and gun-point robberyof an entire team. Wouldn't you agree?

NB: Happy to see Mosiah changed his topic!

Comment

Working...
                X