• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid to buy Jermaine Johnson turned down

OWLS TURN DOWN OFFERS FOR DUO
    E-mail Article Print-Friendly Subscribe to RSS Feed
    Post to del.icio.us Facebook
    Sheffield Wednesday have turned down offers from QPR for Tommy Spurr and Jermaine Johnson.
    Jamaican international winger Johnson has been a regular in the Owls starting XI and has made 21 appearances this season and academy product Spurr has also been a constant member of Brian Laws back line.
    "We have no intention of selling either Tommy Spurr or Jermaine Johnson," chief executive Kaven Walker told the club's official website.
    "These two players are both top assets in our playing squad."

Big up Teddy!

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
    OWLS TURN DOWN OFFERS FOR DUO
    E-mail Article Print-Friendly Subscribe to RSS Feed
    Post to del.icio.us Facebook
    Sheffield Wednesday have turned down offers from QPR for Tommy Spurr and Jermaine Johnson.
    Jamaican international winger Johnson has been a regular in the Owls starting XI and has made 21 appearances this season and academy product Spurr has also been a constant member of Brian Laws back line.
    "We have no intention of selling either Tommy Spurr or Jermaine Johnson," chief executive Kaven Walker told the club's official website.
    "These two players are both top assets in our playing squad."
    Big up Teddy...yuh come a long way....keep yuh head up star!

Comment

Isn't QPR bottom of the Championship? Teddy betta pray dem nuh sell him

Comment

QPR are at the very bottom of the Championship. The good thing for them right now is that they cannot sink any lower and the only way is up. The thing though is that they are only 3 points below sheffield Wednesday although eight positions adrift.

I do not know why they would think Jermaine would want to move to their team, except that they would offer him a sh!!!!t load of money. If they will pay Teddy twice what he is getting at SW, I say he should go. Teddy could help them avoid the drop and it is very unlikely that SW will be making it out of the Championship anytime soon.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Why Jermaine should move to QPR , its in better financial health than most Championship team , owned by Billionares .

An italian and the worlds 5th richest man an indian , thier aim is to go to the prem.

J.J will be going there in my opinion if the ambition of the club is as such.

QPR secure huge investment boost

Mittal (right) pictured with fellow QPR investor Bernie Ecclestone

QPR have been given a cash boost after the family of the world's fifth richest man bought a 20% stake in the club.
          The son-in-law of Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal, who is reportedly worth £50bn, will join Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore on the club's board.
          "This investment is a great stepping stone towards the future development of the club," said a club statement.
          "It supports the ambition of the current shareholders to reach the Premier League in the near future."
          606: DEBATE
          Your reactions to the news

QPR are currently bottom of the Championship, but they could now potentially join near neighbours and FA Cup third round opponents Chelsea in the transfer market, should Mittal wish to spend his cash. "The family is excited about becoming involved with QPR," said Mittal's son-in-law, Amit Bhatia. "As a family, we love sport and particularly enjoy English football, and alongside Bernie and Flavio, we hope that we can improve the club's performance, with the ultimate ambition of a place in the Premier League."
          Last edited by Sir X; December 20, 2007, 10:57 PM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You have a very valid point there X. The financial strength of the club (QPR) cannot be questioned. As you know, an injection of funds could see them to get back to the EPL. I do not think their current position is a reflection of their intent in English football. They could just decide to pull out all stops to get off the bottom of the tables and propel them to the top and to the EPL.

I say JJ should go if they offer him a good package and if he is comfortable with the club. A move to QPR cannot be all bad, especially when SW is only 3 points ahead of them.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I believe I mentioned this a while back about the strength of The prem , I believe To gamma .Billionares will look to Championships teams to buy on the cheap to muscle thier way to the prem , once that market gets saturated they will move to other cheap european markets to muscle in on the Lucrative championship league , as the Prem will be saturated with bilionare clubs.

To me its good for Football, it means higher wages for players and an intense effort to find talent in the football sphere , esp the carribbean and africa.

England and Europe, will have to deal with the forgein problem for a long while...lol

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Why did they target JJ? Could the performance of Stew Peas have anything to do with that?

Did they ask stew peas "professional" opinion on JJ and him put in a good word? Or were they impressed by Stew peas work ethics

respect

Comment

Maybe its simply a strategy to get the best players in the championship on the richest club pay roll.

Comment

X everyone see it but we don't

give me a link at 714-418 7632

Comment

yuh mad! which manager would dare ask a jamaican player for an opinion on another player...

if fuller has no influence at stoke, it is criminal to suggest that 'stew peas' could even be approached for an opinion... that is the view on some here, including lazie...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

yuh nuh.

Even when you score 11 goals inna half a season. Stokes woulda mad fi sell Fuller as they are 4th, three points of the leaders in the division. Them lucky that them sign him a week and a half ago and not this week after 5 goals in 8 days, and running the former leaders in the division ragged.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I want to see the figures or as them say just the FACTS.

How much more money from television contract and gate reciepts does a newly promoted team from the championship stand to make?

if someone have a link to the info please post it for me.

Also what is the parachute payment for going up and coming back down?

do teams make promoting and coming back down as part of their strategy?

respect
                          Baddaz leave Lazie alone and can someone tell me who Melchizedek was?

Deh yah a read Proverbs and Job and then start reading eclessiastics and it a tell mi say wisdom and understanding is useless. aaaaaah bwoy the more you know is the more you realise that you don't know.

You really have fi park you ego fi learn mi a tell you

Comment

How much more money from television contract and gate reciepts does a newly promoted team from the championship stand to make?
                            The EPL pays each guarantee's each team in the league between 25 to 30 million dollars, money earned from television deal.

Also what is the parachute payment for going up and coming back down?
                            They have a payment which is far from that received by teams in the EPL to help the demoted team settle in the lower paying league. Parachute payment applies to any team getting demoted, not just the teams going up and going back down.

do teams make promoting and coming back down as part of their strategy?
                            It would not make sense to try and get demoted as when demoted, you are losing money. The parachute paymemt is nowhere close to what the team would have gotten if they remained in the league and get their full payment from the EPL. This is a part of the reason why every team wants to get to the EPL and they fight tooth and nail to stay there.

Comment

Working...
                            X