• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAHAHA ! No Veron For DC United..T.K u salt

VERON STICKS WITH ESTUDIANTES
    E-mail Article Print-Friendly Subscribe to RSS Feed
    Post to del.icio.us Facebook
    Juan Sebastian Veron has performed a U-turn on a reported deal to join MLS side DC United, opting instead to remain in Argentina.
    The Estudiantes midfielder, on Friday had looked set to follow David Beckham to north America, but seemingly had a change of heart after speaking with his team-mates.
    The 32-year-old, who had spells with Parma, Lazio, Manchester United, Chelsea and Internazionale in Europe, said: "I'm staying because of the fans and my team-mates. The truth is that last Friday I couldn't say goodbye.
    "My team-mates' request for me to stay was very important. And I couldn't ignore the fans' affection. It is impossible not to be touched when you are an Estudiantes fan," Veron told Ole.com.
    Veron admitted: "It was a lot of money; maybe I would advise a kid to go. But in a situation like mine it is better to live for the things that give you happiness."
    Key among Veron's reasons to stay was the club's qualification for the Copa Libertadores.
    He said: "My team-mates told me: 'We fought for a year to play in the Copa Libertadores and we have to stay together'."
Working...
X