• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always thought he was a mad man...

Accused gets mad over money

Tashieka Mair, Star Writer
    western bureau
    "I am executioner Sterling, Senator sworn in by the former Prime Minister P.J. Patterson," was what a man told Resident Magistrate Winsome Henry on Wednesday when he appeared before the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Montego [COLOR=blue! important]Bay[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] RM Court to answer a charge of malicious destruction of property.
    The man,
    Newton Sterling, who is allegedly responsible for using a machete to smash several pieces of glass at the Montego Bay No. 1 Post Office, was remanded for psychiatric evaluation despite his insistence that "nuttin nuh wrong wid mi".
    He told the court that the personnel at the post office would not give him cheques that had been sent for him.
    Machete chop
    Sterling was arrested on December 4, after it was alleged that he went to the post office and demanded money, which he said, was there for him. When he did not get a positive response, he used a machete, which he had in his possession, to smash the glass partitions in the post office, driving fear into the workers and patrons. The police were later summoned and he was arrested. Sterling is scheduled to return to court on January 2.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Is di balla from Portmore dis??!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what about the 'note to self'... yuh figet bout it aready...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i am not being sarcastic! what are the chances of having two newton sterlings?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ah bwoy figet the note
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i see your point... unusual name... however, the western bureau... prior knowledge of the person, unless you're privy to prior mental issues or the propensity of the person you know to act 'crazy'...

Comment

I did not write the story boss-----ha ha ha ha ha ha
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

mosiah...can you confirm if is di same ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

it is not the same person, at least it is not the baller....
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

ok...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We dont use machete as weapon in Portmore. That's primitive. It couldn't be the Portmore baller.

Comment

i was referring to mosiah sickko... i saw the name and made the connection to the player but didnt think it was the player... i had recently met him and he did not look to be anything close to the person in the story.... then i realized that it was based in the west... couldnt be him... mi surprised mosiah even thought it was the baller...

Comment

true and when dem build the academy there the player would be lulled to sleep with the sound of high powered weapons in the night
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

no man, a joke mi wenna mek. in fact, i spoke to him earlier today and asked him about it. he has not yet seen the story.

so, let's kill that rumour right here before Horace Reid go release him from him contract.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know. Lionpaw not helping out Karl's academy campaign atall!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X