X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mature Fraser ready for the Reggae Boyz

Mature Fraser ready for the Reggae Boyz <DIV class=KonaBody>

by LeVaughn Flynn, Staff Reporter

Reggae Boy Sean Fraser in his Miami FC <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">uniform</SPAN>.

A more mature Sean Fraser will represent <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Jamaica</SPAN> when the Digicel Caribbean Cup kicks off tomorrow at the National Stadium and the midfielder said the past season with United States League First Division club, Miami F.C., played a big part in his transition.

"Before (playing with Miami) I was immature but Sean Fraser now is very mature and he's a professional," Fraser said yesterday at the launch of the tournament at the Jamaica Football Federation office in New Kingston.

Brazilian legends

Fraser, 23, last wore a Reggae Boyz jersey when he represented the under-20 side in 2002. Since that time he played with Portmore United and Harbour View in the National Premier League before joining Miami F.C. where he played alongside Brazilian legends Romario and Zinho.

"I've been around Romario and Zinho and I admire them a lot and see how they play and carry themselves. Playing with them taught me a lot and I just want to continue along that path of professionalism and make a name for myself." said Fraser who scored four goals for Miami this season.

Fraser recalled a light-hearted moment when he was 'mistaken' for a Brazilian.

One of us

"One of the times in training Romario was even calling me Robinho and he asked me if I was Brazilian or Jamaican because he said I play just like them," he said.

"He even asked me how come we didn't qualify for the World Cup because of our skill level," he added.

Fraser, who returned to the island last Wednesday after Miami F.C. were knocked out of the play-offs, had his first training session with the national side yesterday.

Fraser said now that he's back in the national colours, he wants to ensure he can claim a jersey when <A class=kLink oncontextmenu="return false;" id=KonaLink2 &#111;nmouseover=adlinkMouseOver(event,this,2); style="POSITION: relative; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" &#111;nclick=adlinkMouseClick(event,this,2); &#111;nmouseout=adlinkMouseOut(event,this,2); href="http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20060926/sports/sports4.html#" target=_top><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important;

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Mature Fraser ready for the Reggae Boyz

Mosiah (9/26/2006)"He even asked me how come we didn't qualify for the World Cup because of our skill level," he added.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Romario mouth change to say something positive from mouthing off the Reggae Boyz during the '98 Gold Cup when he said that there were some weak teams in the tournament like Jamaica.

Will wonders never cease.

Comment

His problem is he is just as talented as anyone in his age group but he was very ordinary when he put on the National colours at the age group level.At the youth level he was one of those players that alwaysstarted the first game of the tournament and then got benched in the rest of the games. This is a true talent that has been starting at top clubs since he was a school boyso I knowthat it was justhis nerves that used to get at him.

Another player that started out very young in the NPL and even went on to make a name for himself at UCONN was Tony Curtis. I never saw him play so I just have to theorise as to reasons why he never played for any of our Nationalyouth teams or even ever moved onat the senior level. I can't remember if he was drafted in the MLS or was just at the combines but I haven't heard from him since he left UCONN...
        SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Tony Curtis played for the Under 23 and a couple games for the Senior team while Simoes was around. Patrick Graham, Bunsie and Fanna and somebody else were ahead on him, so he was mainly a sub.

Comment

I know he was always in the squads with the youth teams but I didn't remember him playing. I also remember when he got called for the senior team - I thinkit was Carl Brown that called him up while he was at UCONN - but I have never heard a report of how well or how badly he played or if he even played to get an idea of why or how he just disappeared off the map.
            SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
            X