• Show
Clear All

• Barnes does not work for us - Cats

Barnes does not work for us - Cats
    RivalsDM, Updated 1 hour ago STORY TOOLS:

print
    send
    blog LIKE THIS STORY?

Sunderland have played down reports that former England star John Barnes has been recruited as a part-time scout for the club in the Caribbean.

The ex-Liverpool star is involved in a competition for young footballers, for which one of the prizes is the chance to train with the Barclays Premier League club's Academy players.
    Barnes told the Guardian: "I'll be choosing the best players to go to Sunderland.

"They recognise that, although Africa is saturated (with English scouts from the leading clubs), the Caribbean is the next place they are going to get the talent to hopefully grace the Premier League."

However, the Black Cats have insisted that Jamaica-born Barnes is not employed by them in any capacity.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

This is funny to rhatid. Talk about being undressed in front of the whole world. John Barnes got PWNED! LOL! - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
    X