X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen !!!

The journey to Africa begins
    with the first step off the plane.

"The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
    The journey to Africa begins
    with the first step off the plane.

Organization start yah now. Dis time aroun wi have a big advantage. Kah most a dem playah yah a Simoes di put dem pan di road. Is like a reunion. An him work a guh much easier kah nuff a dem inna professional environment fi nineteen how long. It a guh be interestin fi watch di ride. Mi expect a deestent ride from di champion jockey. Him nah guh haffi draw him whip an gi di horse nuh cracks. Him jus haffi fan it like 'fanna' an keep di horse up to him work. Mi expect a juice said way.

Comment

Editorial Cartoon

Editorial Cartoon

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
        Dis time aroun wi have a big advantage. Kah most a dem playah yah a Simoes di put dem pan di road. Is like a reunion.
        Is that really true? I guess I should ask, "What does "pan di road" mean?

What influence did Simoes have on Shelton, Marlon King, Demar Phillips, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Oneil Thompson, Rudolph Austin, Claude Davis, Tyrone Marshall, Dane Richards, Nosworthy, Rafe Wolfe, Garfield Reid and others?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Is that really true? I guess I should ask, "What does "pan di road" mean?

What influence did Simoes have on Shelton, Marlon King, Demar Phillips, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Oneil Thompson, Rudolph Austin, Claude Davis, Tyrone Marshall, Dane Richards, Nosworthy, Rafe Wolfe, Garfield Reid and others?
          Claude Davis came through Simoes system.
          Same for Stew Peas, Jermaine Johnson, Keith Kelly, Woolery Wolfe, Bibi, Pepe, Ricketts, Fuller, Little Bibi, Shavar and Fabian Davis (hopefully no recall).

Comment

"Pan de road" for me interprets: that all our Reggae Boyz are playing away from home in professional leagues. It therefore means that playing away from home in the 2010 qualifiers means they should be able to score goals and win away from home.
            So home wins + away wins = 6 points.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
              Organization start yah now. Dis time aroun wi have a big advantage. Kah most a dem playah yah a Simoes di put dem pan di road. Is like a reunion. An him work a guh much easier kah nuff a dem inna professional environment fi nineteen how long. It a guh be interestin fi watch di ride. Mi expect a deestent ride from di champion jockey. Him nah guh haffi draw him whip an gi di horse nuh cracks. Him jus haffi fan it like 'fanna' an keep di horse up to him work. Mi expect a juice said way.
              Jamaica will start the campaign with both advantages and significant disadvantages.

Pros: We have qualified B4 and have the confidence and knowledge of how to do it and most of the players are professionals and have a higher overall standard individually than 1998.

Cons: Prep time is critically short .... 6 months vs. years for the France campaign. Plus .... the big X factor ..... the core of the team will be foreign based with little time and woefully few matches to jell into a cohesive, inspired unit ala '97-'98.

The RBZ may ironically find itself with superior players to '98 but a less effective team.

It's a different problem set but as much or more of a challenge to qualify this time around.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

well, that hardly looks like a reunion to me. and when you think of some of the names you have put forward...even less of a reunion! some of them will not figure in the next campaign.

bear in mind, myYout was talking about those players who "Simoes di put pan di road". Keith Kelly, Little Bibi and Fabian Davis have not really gone anywhere.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

a di first football post mi see you mek bethren.

Hopefully we can pull it togather. Simoes nah tek nuh check at all. Watch and see.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Just watch di ride. Nuff who unnu tink a fixture nah go deh pon Simoes team. Watch you see the man a tek command a all teams that mean nuh youth a go come through the line. Some constant dose of ball and see. Rene say you can't teach old dogs new trick.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The point is there will be more new people on the squad than those who have passed thru Simoes' hand.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        a di first football post mi see you mek bethren.

Hopefully we can pull it togather. Simoes nah tek nuh check at all. Watch and see.
                        Generally I don't post unless I feel I have something useful to say that others have not or I feel to add a different angle. Repetition doesn't interest me.

Yes we will all watch and see........ and Simoes will prefer cash not checks.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                        X