Ferguson lauds 'special' Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson lauds 'special' Anderson

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed the talents of Brazilian midfielder Anderson and described him as "something special".
    The 19-year-old has impressed during an extended run in the absence of the injured Paul Scholes.

"We've been delighted with him and he has proven himself to be a true central midfield player," said Ferguson.

"But he's got to prove his goalscoring ability because that's something Scholesy has always given us."

Ferguson added: "There was an urgency to get him once we'd scouted him, even though he'd broken his leg and had been out for four or five months.

"The reports we were getting were saying that he was the best young player in the world. At the time I was saying, 'For God's sake, let's calm down a bit here.'

"I knew he had real potential, but I didn't want to put labels on him like that."

Anderson scored twice in 18 appearances for former side Porto, but has yet to find the net in eight appearances for the Red Devils.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Its not by accident this youth won the Golden Ball at the U17 WC. In time he will start scoring.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Its not by accident this youth won the Golden Ball at the U17 WC. In time he will start scoring.

Lazie I am back. All of a sudden it work fine this morning but thanks for the help. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
        Lazie I am back. All of a sudden it work fine this morning but thanks for the help. Respect.
        Anytime bredren!

Comment

Mr. President, are you smiling after yesterday's Arsenal match? Who do we have next?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Mr. President, are you smiling after yesterday's Arsenal match? Who do we have next?
            No .. still 4 points behind. Still need other teams to tek points off dem. Next for the Empire ... Derby. Next for Arsenal .. Boro, next for Livafool ... Reading, Chelsea ... Sunderland.

Comment

Fret not thyself. Christmas a come and knowing Arsenal, they will be gift-wrapping the trophy and sending up to Old Trafford for us. Mark my words, by January they would have given up that lead.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I would love if Fergie gives Simpson a game or two. He was impressive the few times I saw him...
                I wonder if Fergie is reluctant to field Simpsom because he wants Brown(yeah he is capable) to be a regular starter for England?

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  I would love if Fergie gives Simpson a game or two. He was impressive the few times I saw him...
                  I wonder if Fergie is reluctant to field Simpsom because he wants Brown(yeah he is capable) to be a regular starter for England?

Blessed
                  Where have you been bredren? Simpson will be playing Roma on Wednesday in the CL.

Comment

Wes Brown didn't renew his contract and Fergie is not pleased about it. He may be traded come Jan.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hail Lazie, nah lie, not having Scholes and Owen can be a problem, your youth Carrick up to it?
                      Jah know, really feel sey Nani's impact ..will soon be de same as Anderson's.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                      X