Zeppo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppo.....

What do you make of Adam Cristman from the Revolution? Everytime I have watched him he has impressed me. Big strong, physical and bullish. What do you think his chances of making the roster for the US olympic team? Could you see a pairing of he and Altidore if the US were to go with a 2 forward set up next summer?

I know Nowak was married to the 3-5-2 when he was with dc. So I am starting to think about the potential squad he could plug into that formation, assuming he still sees it as the end all and be all, and Cristman seems like the only legit strike partner for Altidore in such a set up. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

You've probably followed him more than I have, T.K., to tell you the truth.

But to be honest his stats from this season (4 goals in 28 games) are nothing to write home about. And the U.S. has always had it's share of big powerful strikers who score only a modest amount of goals. But he's young and can certainly improve his output, maybe playing along side Twellman will teach him more box skills.

As for playing with Altidore it depends if they really want to use two big strikers up top - they could end up for the big man/little man combination.

Let's see how he does on this China trip.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
      You've probably followed him more than I have, T.K., to tell you the truth.

But to be honest his stats from this season (4 goals in 28 games) are nothing to write home about. And the U.S. has always had it's share of big powerful strikers who score only a modest amount of goals. But he's young and can certainly improve his output, maybe playing along side Twellman will teach him more box skills.

As for playing with Altidore it depends if they really want to use two big strikers up top - they could end up for the big man/little man combination.

Let's see how he does on this China trip.
      I wasn't really thinking of him as the go-to forward. I was thinking of him as a complimentary forward. Someone else who could insert their big frame into the mix and wear down the defenders so that Altidore is not taking the brunt of the physical play. Well he will have China to really cement himself as a number of the US' projected big guns are still with their club teams. I hope he shows well. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Cristman just pulled out of the trip with a hamstring injury.
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Working...
        X