Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jawge View Post

This I can agree with:
    "Players are being formed by other professionals who don't have our knowledge."

That has alot more to do with finances and personal goals more than anything else.

European leagues..ie. Premiership, La Liga, Scudetto, Bundesliga, Ligue1 pay alot more money than the club teams in Brazil. Most players want to move on to Europe and earn big paychecks with bigger clubs and there is a trade off because the Brazil club teams get alot of money when a transfer occurs.

The other factor is that many players view playing in Europe for bigger clubs as playing at the highest level of club football. I'm sure if some of us played the game and the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, man utd, came knocking we'd consider it too.

Comment

True dat; defensively in the
      mid of the park though.

Comment

Not disagreeing with playing for big clubs in
        Europe but the Barsilians want to send a completely molded player. Look at Robinho; they thought he should have stayed at least a year more to be complete. I think the Brasilians are looking ahead ; in the sense that when WC time comes around their players must always be ahead as a well rounded player and not on equal footing (this can cause them to lose as tactics will make a difference).

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          that a just short term. Same thing was said after Zico and the Doc them retired. It might take a few years but watch and see. Right now the Brazil team need a good forward and some better defenders.
          Any of you guys followed thier forward Jo lately? The youth playing for one of the Moscow teams in the Russian league?

Watch out for that boy.

He has it all: speed, touch, powerful shot AND he heads the ball like the classic-type British forward.

He has the potential to become everything that Adriano was supposed to become.

Let's see if he eventually makes the move to a European league of higher quality. But in my opinion he could turn out to be the man for Brazil up top before too long.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
            Any of you guys followed thier forward Jo lately? The youth playing for one of the Moscow teams in the Russian league?

Watch out for that boy.

He has it all: speed, touch, powerful shot AND he heads the ball like the classic-type British forward.

He has the potential to become everything that Adriano was supposed to become.

Let's see if he eventually makes the move to a European league of higher quality. But in my opinion he could turn out to be the man for Brazil up top before too long.
            Crap Zeppo have you tapped my phone line or something?

Just the other day I was talking with a coaching peer of mine and we were discussing the signing of Veron for DC United. I was telling him my concerns regarding the signing.

During the convo I told him I wish MLS had been really adventurous and thrown a $250 million contract at Jo after the U20 tournament. It would show the league is for real about competing with the best and get the natural fan base of immigrants and young professionals who work in the city excited. Young talented players like Jo would be the way to get it done.

Jo is the total package man. Extremely exciting to watch and a wicked shot to boot. He scored one **************** goal in the champions league the other day. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
            X