Brazilian Talent is Draining Away - Luxemburgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian Talent is Draining Away - Luxemburgo

RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Former Real Madrid and Brazil coach Vandelei Luxemburgo has called on the Brazilian government to take action to slow the exodus of young players to foreign clubs.

Luxemburgo, whose Santos side finished second in this year's Brazilian championship, complained that the competition had stopped unveiling new talents.
    He said Sao Paulo goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni had been voted the competition's top player for the last two years and that Argentina's Carlos Tevez won the award the year before that.
    'Three years ago, the best player in the Brazilian championship was Tevez, and for the last two years it has been a goalkeeper,' he told delegates at an international soccer forum.
    'We don't have the players we did before and the last three years have been a clear indication that we are short of quality in Brazilian football.
    'The last generation was (in 2002) at Santos with Diego, Robinho, Renato. Since then, we haven't seen a great new talent.'
    Luxemburgo said he wanted the government to introduce legislation that would tie players to their clubs until they reached the age of 23.
    He complained that many players were leaving at such a young age that they were effectively being raised by European clubs.
    Alexandro Pato, seen as Brazil's current outstanding prospect, has already joined AC Milan at the age of 18.
    'It's important to raise the players in Brazilian football,' he said. 'The exodus is constant. Players are being formed by other professionals who don't have our knowledge.'

BLACK LIVES MATTER

he is right..

Comment

Talk bout exodus. I read an article the other day, Brazil has more players in the Champions League than any other country. I doubt players like Deco are counted as Brazilians in that total.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

This I can agree with:
        "Players are being formed by other professionals who don't have our knowledge."

Comment

well there is different types of knowledge not bad but different. It is going to make an interesting player.

Comment

Well I would assume the Braslian
            squad over the years has spoken for itself here. Yes?

Comment

that a just short term. Same thing was said after Zico and the Doc them retired. It might take a few years but watch and see. Right now the Brazil team need a good forward and some better defenders.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh mean striker in the
                mold of ronaldo or romario. On defence; I think it's an issue
                of combination Alves cannot play wing with Lucio inside. I think they need a dunga like defensive mid or one in the mold of Maurio Silva. Last they had that did this job well was Kleberson and brasil walked away with the WC and copa america to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  that a just short term. Same thing was said after Zico and the Doc them retired. It might take a few years but watch and see. Right now the Brazil team need a good forward and some better defenders.
                  Better defenders? Lets see, Lucio, the second most under rated CD in the world. Juan ... do I need to elaborate on how competent he is? Their leftback plays for Inter .... dangerous going forward. Not too certain bout the RB Gilberto as I do not watch German league.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yes a direct striker, not a playmaker like Kaka, robhino, ronaldhino or Alex but a man who can put the ball in the net.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you a call name. Did you see the Brazil games in qualifiers?

Just like we have Claude and Stew peas and England have Rio and Wes Brown?

They

Comment

you a call name. Did you see the Brazil games in qualifiers?

Just like we have Claude and Stew peas and England have Rio and Wes Brown?

They
                        Actually I did see a few of the games. They've played 4 games, won 2 and draw 2. Conceeding 2 goals.

Comment

that stats don't tell the tales and you know it. They are damn lucky they. There defense have been beaten so manytimes it nuh funny.

Comment

that stats don't tell the tales and you know it. They are damn lucky they. There defense have been beaten so manytimes it nuh funny.
                            Their problem is in the middle of the park as well as a replacement for Wagner Love.

Comment

The defense not holding up Lazie. Man can't walk through defense so and man a beat them to headers.

Comment

Working...
                              X