Rene to get US$600,000 per year- RJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Have you conisdered what the extra $300,000 (in Simoes' case) or the extra $700,000 (in Bora's) could do? How about two decent football fields with world-class surfaces? How about putting a TOP OF THE WORLD academy? How about setting up a FOUNDATION upon which we may advance our football industry!!!?

Carl Brown was doing just fine with much less than that!
    How about giving me a direct answer to my questions?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I can't tell u which coach to employ! But you do the homework and you scout and you will find people in that range. John Barnes was in that range. He is experienced enuff for me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote=Reggae-Fan;67686]

Bermuda? are you serious? Bermuda will never make a wolrd cup finals in a trillion years....they are actually wasting that money paying a coach.
        That may be true but they're investing for the future. They intend to make a strong push fo SA and beyond.

The Jamaica football federation generates much more revenue than their Bermudan counterparts....it has very little to do with the economic state of the respective countries.[/

That is true also because Bermuda do not play high profile opponents like us but if they get serious and invest in some of their youth and export talent to Europe, they may one day attract bigger teams.

And you are wrong as far as the economics aspect is concerned. It does matter especially if they have more money to invest than we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post

Right....but the potential was there...and the rest is history. agaian, Bermuda will never qualify for a world cup, much less 3, in a trillion years.
          You can only speculate as far as that is concerned. If they get the right tools in place they can have a possible shot at it. No one knows for sure. You cannot write off any opponent in CFU these days since these minnows raise there game when they play the top 2 teams in CFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Still waiting for that to happen. Went to matches in NY and Gold Cup matches in Miami and our numbers have been abysmal. Where are these cities yuh talking bout? Unless Flatbush have a stadium, and even then...
            Mosiah,

If the federation markets and promote it properly it can be a success. The failures are due to poor advertising and many probably not knowing when and where the games are played.

I personally think many people would travel to Giants Stadium to watch the boyz play if ticket prices are reasonable and the event is properly co-ordinated. Where are our PR people?

Comment

The sum is more than Bora's money. But think of it OJ, did the Boxhill JFF admin not say that Bora would work alone for the first year or so, but after that he would bring his team to assist. They were hoping he would make some of the coaches back home a part of that team, but there was no certainty.

I can see Bora and his assistants making more than this Brazilian package.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

maybe that was a good job fi him.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

remember he got fired fi incompetency?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So, the Captain made a mistake, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well anybody can hire a bad employee.

Comment

Bora did have an assistant who was actually in the iusland, he was not properly introduced to anyone but at least he was not costing the JFF any more money.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

I read reports however where it was said that he wold be getting his support team later, which could add to the 1 plus million he was earning. It was also reported that negotiations started out with his agent asking for 3.5 million Euroes for Bora's service.

The Boxhill admin brokered a deal to get Bora alone, so I am not sure what were the plans when the rest of his entourage arrived.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

the other fellow probably didn't cost anything cause they couldn't pay anything anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X