No announcement yet.

Rene to get US$600,000 per year- RJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose the US$20M (how much is that in J$ these days) return on the investment if we qualify would be too much money for Jamaica too right?
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Give him a bonus if that happens. DUH!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post

I suppose the US$20M (how much is that in J$ these days) return on the investment if we qualify would be too much money for Jamaica too right?
        key word "if' we qualify. Its not a guaranteed return on investment. The price tag is quite hefty to retain his services. Bermuda has more economic spending power than we do yet they are willing to pay substantially less to hire a quality TD.

Comment

jangle but they are not making us dollars.

Comment

ah you had me until you said carl brown was doing just fine.. ha ha ha...

Comment

[quote=Jangle;67510]
              My observations:

Mssrs. Warlord and Sickko, I can't understand your negativities. Warlord you are questioning Simoes salary and Sickko you are complaining about ticket prices.
              Warlord, I think it was an excellent piece of negotiation on Burrell's part to get Simoes and his team of coaches for roughly the same price as the one coach in Bora. Simoes' duties will also include him overseeing the various aspects of our football development. Now I have already gone on record to say that initially, like many others, I was a Boxhill supporter because our football had become stagnant in the latter stages of Burell's tenureship. However, Boxhill failed miserably due to his lack of leadership, and not because of lack of corporate support. He did not inspire confidence as a good leader should. Now since Burrell has been back, there is great buzz in our football. The evidence is right here on this forum. Over the past two months the traffic here has increased dramatically. Many old-timers are posting again....Mitty, Baddaz, Maudib (Benjamin), Pepsi (JB cut out the bull****************). Football nice again!
              Jangle,

I'm not being negative. I'm just realistic about the cost of having his services and it is a ridiculous amount of money imo. Lets not get carried away here, Rene Simoes job is NOT to concentrate on youth and player development of our junior teams. His sole purpose for being hired is to get this team to SA 2010.

And to be honest, it doesn't matter if you get 4 for the price of 1. The bottomline is you're still expending an astronomical amount of financial resources that we simply cannot realistically afford.

Sickko, J$1000 for a bleachers ticket is nothing in the real world. What is that........... approx. US$15? Come on now, if you want to see big teams play in Jamaica you've got to pay the cost. Please don't talk about the cost of living in Jamaica because it's a non-factor. Plain and simple if you can't afford the tickets, then don't go. How much does it cost to go to a carnival fete? How much does cost to go to a Passa-passa dance (if that is still the lick)? The point is people will turn up if they think they are getting value for their money. The JFF also have to defer the cost of bringing those "big" teams to Jamaica. It is very expensive

Actually it does have alot to do with cost of living and disposable economic income available. Its called economic spending power. If most people cannot afford the ticket prices then they won't go and therfore it impacts gate receipts significantly.

And how would the federation recoup from the loss of potential income due to low turnout?

Yes it costs money to get 'big teams' to play us but we are not limited to games in Jamaica only. We do havin some cities in the US where there are huge Jamaican populations alike that would support the team if matches were played there.

The bottomline is that if we want to improve on our level of competitiveness and make it to South Africa, it is going to cost us a pretty penny. Everyone has to get on board to support the movement.
              That is true but you have to look at affordability as well. You have yet to make mention of the potential financial costs it would take for us to embark upon this journey to SA. Believe me it's gonna cost alot more than Bora's and Simoes salary put together.

The JFF should seriously consider playing an international match somewhere on the US east coast, preferably Giant Stadium. I think the returns would be far greater than the cost, given the concentration of Jamaicans and Jamaican-friendly supporters living here. Personally I would travel anywhere along the east coast to watch the "new" Reggaeboyz play a highly ranked foreign team. They should also look about tapping into the wealth and strength of the Jamaican diaspora. Create an independently managed fund for us to make contributions.
              Very good point made. Its doable and i wonder why it hasn't been done before now. The JFF can create maybe a cup tourney of 4 teams. What they can do is research the area and look at the population demographic then invite teams that have significant diaspora in those areas so the tournament would be a financial success. Of course they would have to market it well also.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                Yes it costs money to get 'big teams' to play us but we are not limited to games in Jamaica only. We do havin some cities in the US where there are huge Jamaican populations alike that would support the team if matches were played there.
                Still waiting for that to happen. Went to matches in NY and Gold Cup matches in Miami and our numbers have been abysmal. Where are these cities yuh talking bout? Unless Flatbush have a stadium, and even then...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you missed my point. Never mind.
                  President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

since he ahs been at bolton...bibi alone probably remit simoes salary.

anybody can tell mi seh the profile we got from france has not contiributed to the profile we received and consequently the opportunities for jamaican born players to to ply their trade in england?

every youngster who made a living playing football is one less potential gunman...how much yuh willing to pay fi dat?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bermuda? are you serious? Bermuda will never make a wolrd cup finals in a trillion years....they are actually wasting that money paying a coach.

The Jamaica football federation generates much more revenue than their Bermudan counterparts....it has very little to do with the economic state of the respective countries.

Comment

Imagine what others said about us in 1995.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Right....but the potential was there...and the rest is history. agaian, Bermuda will never qualify for a world cup, much less 3, in a trillion years.

Comment

whatever they said of us in 96...would have been 10 times worse for bermuda!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wait till dem get Bora!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bora would be right at home...on vacation in Bermuda. Bora has nothing to gain from coaching a 6th tier team like Bermuda.

Comment

Working...
                                X