No announcement yet.

Rene to get US$600,000 per year- RJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha..how you chat so much....mek dem gwaan, Burrell reluctantly spoke about incentives adding "this is how it is done all over the world, when a team wins games the coaching staff and players get a winning bonus."
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I was not the person who said the JFF lost money, Captain said it and I was just passing on the info...which top tier team we talking about now?

You see any top tier team playing here?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

You have never seen or heard me complain about anything when Crenston was in power...first things first what do you mean by "power", or do you mean when he was the president? You see to me there is a big difference between the two but anyway that wast an aside.

To answer you however- maybe you need to go back and do some work to refresh your poor memory
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes just like how me sabotage Clarendon College in the DCup this season...you must be a moron to think that if I dont gush good tidings all the time it means I am against or trying to sabotage...lift the reasoning big man not all of us are Lemmings or behave like one.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

You name it, nuff nuh say Guatamala and El Salvador a waste of time so them must a talk bout higher ranking teams.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Karl;67214]

How does that compare with Bora's U$1,000,000.00 per year (Was it US 1 million per year?) only job to 'get us to World Cup 2010'?

btw - What would be Bora's renumeration is he never got us to the World Cup 2010?
              When you factor in the his salary with the cost of each assitant coach, it more or less works out to almost the same price tag of Boras salary which he would've earned over the 4 yr period he would've been coach.

Now most will argue that good football cost money and I agree but our finances are not the same as the likes of US, Mexico, and other South American teams. That is a hefty price to pay and we still haven't even talked about the $$$ for the upcoming WC campaign. Gate receipts alone will not cover that venture.

Most people here are looking to past as far as Simoes is concerned so they think his previous success will be the catalyst for the future but this time around it will be entirely different. What we need to do is look at our future economic burden and how it will impact us thereafter.

Comment

My observations:

Mssrs. Warlord and Sickko, I can't understand your negativities. Warlord you are questioning Simoes salary and Sickko you are complaining about ticket prices.
                Warlord, I think it was an excellent piece of negotiation on Burrell's part to get Simoes and his team of coaches for roughly the same price as the one coach in Bora. Simoes' duties will also include him overseeing the various aspects of our football development. Now I have already gone on record to say that initially, like many others, I was a Boxhill supporter because our football had become stagnant in the latter stages of Burell's tenureship. However, Boxhill failed miserably due to his lack of leadership, and not because of lack of corporate support. He did not inspire confidence as a good leader should. Now since Burrell has been back, there is great buzz in our football. The evidence is right here on this forum. Over the past two months the traffic here has increased dramatically. Many old-timers are posting again....Mitty, Baddaz, Maudib (Benjamin), Pepsi (JB cut out the bull****************). Football nice again!

Sickko, J$1000 for a bleachers ticket is nothing in the real world. What is that........... approx. US$15? Come on now, if you want to see big teams play in Jamaica you've got to pay the cost. Please don't talk about the cost of living in Jamaica because it's a non-factor. Plain and simple if you can't afford the tickets, then don't go. How much does it cost to go to a carnival fete? How much does cost to go to a Passa-passa dance (if that is still the lick)? The point is people will turn up if they think they are getting value for their money. The JFF also have to defer the cost of bringing those "big" teams to Jamaica. It is very expensive.

The bottomline is that if we want to improve on our level of competitiveness and make it to South Africa, it is going to cost us a pretty penny. Everyone has to get on board to support the movement.

The JFF should seriously consider playing an international match somewhere on the US east coast, preferably Giant Stadium. I think the returns would be far greater than the cost, given the concentration of Jamaicans and Jamaican-friendly supporters living here. Personally I would travel anywhere along the east coast to watch the "new" Reggaeboyz play a highly ranked foreign team. They should also look about tapping into the wealth and strength of the Jamaican diaspora. Create an independently managed fund for us to make contributions.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Too much money for a Jamaica TD. Bora's was ultra-ridiculous and so is $600,000!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    However, Boxhill failed miserably due to his lack of leadership, and not because of lack of corporate support.
                    But, nuh Burrell did have Boxhill as manager fi di team?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      But, nuh Burrell did have Boxhill as manager fi di team?
                      What exactly does a team manager do? If my understanding of that term is correct, then any high school graduate can see to the logistics of getting a team ready to travel oversees, and sort out food and accommodations. Again, I could be wrong, but a job like that doesn't require exceptional "leadership" skills.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Mo, how much do you think a Jamaican (not nationality) TD should be paid, and who would you propose that person to be?

Comment

Just sayin', doh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No more than US$300,000! Anyone who would work for that amount.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              No more than US$300,000! Anyone who would work for that amount.
                              Which coach of international quality and experience can you reccommend for that salary? What would his job functions be? Are we getting a experienced coaching staff with that?

Comment

Have you conisdered what the extra $300,000 (in Simoes' case) or the extra $700,000 (in Bora's) could do? How about two decent football fields with world-class surfaces? How about putting a TOP OF THE WORLD academy? How about setting up a FOUNDATION upon which we may advance our football industry!!!?

Carl Brown was doing just fine with much less than that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X