My Dear Jamaicans- Rene's letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Prof.Simoes,your return is most
    welcome and anticipated. I wish you all the best in finishing the project you started.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexxx View Post
      unless he has his cadre of coaches and analyst to assist him.
      Similar to when we made the World Cup in 1998.
      and that's why I am here!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        I always found Rene's letters interesting!
        A bit melodramatic...but, always interesting!
        This letter fits in like a glove!

The excitement connected with Burrell's return has just gone up dramatically!

I agree. He used the same tactic when he coached Trini often writing letters to the nation about what journey the team was about to embark upon but he never finished it while still collecting a paycheck

I like his appointment but I think Passarella would've been a better option for the development of our team long term.

Comment

Raaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Raaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Raaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Comment

Simones is inheriting a more talented grop of players for this campaign and thus is must be easier for him. He must have learn from the past and I am sure the players must have learn also. I hope there is less baggage this time and we can make it to South Africa. I was knocking Burrell for firing Bora because of the financial constraints but after reading this letter I see why Burrell is willing to sacrifice to bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
              I agree. He used the same tactic when he coached Trini often writing letters to the nation about what journey the team was about to embark upon but he never finished it while still collecting a paycheck

I like his appointment but I think Passarella would've been a better option for the development of our team long term.
              Where development - exposing, ensuring achievement of maximum potential and utilising all our talent - is concerned unless Jamaicans are incharge of and involved from ground floor up to the top we are wasting time, energy and money on Simoes and any other outsider.

Simoes can be incharge of the *national men senior team and the national senior women team but it is a waste to have him as 'head cook and bottle washer'. It is physically impossible for any one person to coach our senior teams well and also manage well our all-island development program and our other national teams.

I go further and say it is asinine to continue down such a path after having seen the failure of such an idea on Simoes' first visit. Before I am taken to task let me say Simoes' input/input of his ideas at those various other levels would be welcome.

*Not the best of options if we are agreed on aim to make both best they can possible be!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So who tell yuh say
                di Prof nah go carry more coaches later? Wasn't Gamma in charge of the U20s, did Gamma come the same date as the Prof in 94? The prof carried many coaches here whlist his critics (local football experts) sat and ridicule. In time they (local experts) found out that one of the coaches that he only spoke in Portuguese with was Big Phil.

Di Prof. know what wi need Karl just come aboard and have a seat.Enjoy it Arite

Comment

SIMOES, please! No "N".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it is also impossible for a ceo of a corporation to run the day to day function every division, department and unit of his corporation... he provide the strategic directives and hires good talent to implement initiatives under his strategic vision...

wouldn't this be the same function of simoes...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

nah man, them want the man fi siddun inna hotel room fi him money.

The man is leading by example and a just work, work, work
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Karl;67239]

Where development - exposing, ensuring achievement of maximum potential and utilising all our talent - is concerned unless Jamaicans are incharge of and involved from ground floor up to the top we are wasting time, energy and money on Simoes and any other outsider
                        If that is the case, then why are teams like Haiti having strong youth teams that can compete and be successful. Clavijo oversaw the development of some of the youth programs a few yrs back before he left.

Simoes can be incharge of the *national men senior team and the national senior women team but it is a waste to have him as 'head cook and bottle washer'. It is physically impossible for any one person to coach our senior teams well and also manage well our all-island development program and our other national teams

I'm not saying he should oversee the program on the day to day basis but the success of future national senior teams is what is based on youth development don't?

The problem is we cannot have a finished product at 22 or 23 if we don't invest at an earlier age group. That is the difference between us and the better footballing nations in Concacaf and Europe.

I go further and say it is asinine to continue down such a path after having seen the failure of such an idea on Simoes' first visit. Before I am taken to task let me say Simoes' input/input of his ideas at those various other levels would be welcome.
                        Let's examine your theory and compare it with the man utd squad in the 90's. Who do you think developed Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Wes Brown?

The first team coaches under direction from Sir Alex who was also involved in coaching and had input right? Jamaica isn't a club team where we can go out and buy the finished product like Chelsea and other club teams do. We have to develop our players and some one has to oversee the program which takes time. Its not going to happen overnight.

*Not the best of options if we are agreed on aim to make both best they can possible be!
                        Well not at this point because his main priority is to get us to SA. But the problem is he is coming in now when he should've been brought in maybe sometime in 04/05 under the previous administration.

Comment

Wrong move, we need ah british coach who can pull talent from da priemership.......& defending,no other dan de Italians knows how to it better. Points away from home..if we don't mek dat. Look right there for da reason why......strong & confident defending away from da Office......key issue!
                          It would be good to be there when da gates of Zion are closed ......... Chalice

Comment

you a joke right? The british coach FA can't even find one ya now.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Welcome back Prof.

First I must give props to Burrell. 4 for the price of 1 Bora., plus a commitment to assist in the development of footballs future on so many levels.

IThink we should take note of Simoes' attempts to contain expectations. Yes he has a more experienced pool of professional players, but he will not have the time to buiold the team spirit. Must say tho' he also has no Lowe or Boyd.

Even if we do not make it to Africa ... we will still benefit from his stewardship.

Comment

[quote=Seuss;67365]

IThink we should take note of Simoes' attempts to contain expectations. Yes he has a more experienced pool of professional players, but he will not have the time to buiold the team spirit. Must say tho' he also has no Lowe or Boyd.
                                Really. Do you truly believe that he has better players now than before?

Even if we do not make it to Africa ... we will still benefit from his stewardship
                                Explain how that can be if his sole purpose is to get to SA 2010 and he will no doubt spend maybe 2 years out of 3 with the Senior boyz and no attention on youth teams of the future?

He's here for 3 years which will cost alot of money with no emphasis on youth development. That hurts our future. I'm not against him being TD but I think the Federation should've locked him in for 4 yrs instead of 3. That means even if he were to fail, he would've had an extra year 2 years to focus and work solely on youth team players for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X