Harbour View extend winning streak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour View extend winning streak

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Harbour View extend winning streak</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>Football - Wray &amp; Nephew NPL</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY KAYON RAYNOR Observer staff reporter
    Monday, September 25, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Kavin Bryan scored his third goal in as many games to help Harbour View beat Reno 2-1 and extend their perfect win record to three and first place in the Wray &amp; Nephew National Premier League at the Harbour View mini stadium yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The 'stars from the east' dominated the encounter from the first whistle, but did not get the breakthrough until the 73rd minute from the penalty spot. Nine minutes from time, Bryan netted the winner for Harbour View, making coach Lenny Hyde a happy man.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=330 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Goal scorer Kavin Bryan of Harbour View (left) evades a tackle from Reno midfielder Nicoly Finlayson during yesterday's Wray &amp; Nephew NPL encounter at the Harbour View mini stadium. Harbour View won 2-1. (Photo: Garfield Robinson) </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>"Rafeik and Bryan are very good players. Bryan has been working well in training... he has raw talent, so we are just working with him to make him understand how to finish (score) more. On the other hand, Rafeik played well coming off the bench, which is a plus for us because it's good to see the bench producing, because we have to use the substitutes to get some points this season," Hyde said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In yesterday's late matches, Waterhouse were held goalless by Portmore at Drewsland, while in the MoBay derby, Wadadah clip Seba 1-0.
    Less than 15 minutes after replacing Kemar Petrekin, substitute Rafeik Thomas was brought down by Kevon Grant in the 18-yard box, forcing FIFA referee Hughill Thompson to point to the penalty spot.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Bryan's goal came on the counter in the 81st minute - the Kingston College old boy, along with substitute Lenny Hyde Jr, capitalised on a poorly taken corner-kick - then outpaced Reno's last defender before beating Dwayne Kerr in goal.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Kirk Wright scored Reno's consolation in the last minute of regulation time, which did not rest well with Hyde. "One dull moment in the game, was when we gave up a goal in the 90th minute, which we cannot afford to lose our concentration in the last part of games. So we just need to work on that part of our game," the winning coach said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>It was Reno's first defeat of the season, having registered 2-0 and 1-0 wins over Village United and Wadadah, respectively. Wendell Downswell in his first match back as head coach, thought the home team outfoxed his charges.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It was hard-fought game, but overall I thought we lacked the consistency in terms of our performance... we gave up two soft goals and we should have scored at least two, but this is the early part of the season, I've just taken back the reins and I will continue to work," Downswell said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The former technical director of the national football programme continued: "I have seen some positive signs in terms of development of this squad and I'm absolutely certain that within the next three weeks you'll see a far better unit operating."<P class=StoryText align=justify>In the Under-21 curtain raiser, Harbour View won 3-0.
    Harbour View - Michaud Barrett, Jermaine Taylor, Gregory Simpson, Lovel Palmer, Richard Edwards, Richard Smith, Loxley Thomas (Robert Scarlett 70th), Kevin Wooley, Nicholas Dodd (Lenworth Hyde Jr 77th), Kemar Petrek
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Harbour View extend winning streak

Unnuh watch out fi da youth deh name Kavin Bryan from HVIEW Member mi tellu say the man SKILL. Him have some turn deh Always leaving defenders for dead. Once Again, Watch out for him.

Comment

RE: Harbour View extend winning streak

<DIV>Like I said in an earlier post, Carl Brown would have to call him ahead of people like Nandi Lowe. Di yute shows much promise - fast like lightning, strong, kicks well with both feet, apparently, and skillful! Yes, early days yet, but so far, a bright spark on the NPL horizon. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>(Sigh - if only I could get Courtney's opinion on this youth.)</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X