what friendly is good for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what friendly is good for us

I notice certain people saying the El Salvador and the Guatamala friendly did nothing for us and now the argument is a Trinidad friendly will do nothing for us.

What friendly will do something for us? After sitting idle for 6 months and many of our overseas player haven't seen each other for more than a year isn't any friendly worth it? Don't we need to build a team and see all the players? build some confidence and move on? Not to mention the money that is needed.

When we went on Asian tour was it doing any good for us? Even a friendly against a parish team do something for the national team or am I we must only play teams that are ranked higher than us on FIFA list.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Ssas!

Mi wid yuh on dis one.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

We should seek friendlies against our Caribbean brothers whom have always troubled us. And in between those friendlies play one or two of our Central American neighbours who are not in our semi-final group. Since I also know that Captain Burrell will guarantee that we play even tougher opponents from Europe or Africa in a rotating system.
      That's what I would do.

Comment

I would like to see a friendly against Costa Rica in San Jose.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I would like to see a friendly against the US.

(Think they Would be interested T. K.?).
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Said it in a post yesterday. A few games against opposition like Nigeria, Chile, Senegal and a european opponent like Croatia.

Those are 4 good teams that we can get during the international break if the federation can negotiate those games leading up to the semi-final round.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

This game would make no sense for the US as there is no real incentive to play Jamaica right now. The Boyz are ranked way low and if the game was played in the US no one would come to watch it. It would be a waste for them.

Maybe inviting them down to to Jamaica would make things interesting but even then I am not sure there is any gain for the US to play us on our crap fields.

I think if we can knock them off during qualifying and regain some credibility they might consider it. Right now what quality team would play us outside of a team looking for a confidence win? The truth is none. - T.K.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I think a perfect friendly for us would be to play Wales at their home with a full squad They are ranked ahead of us and would be a good test for our team as we get our footing back. They are not too strong and not too weak. I think they are just right.

If it is a fifa week with two open dates then a nice trip to Northern Ireland afterwards would great.

That is two teams ranked 32 and 58 who would give us quality matches and a bump in the rankings if we can get a result or two.

Also 2 road matches in short period of time close to where our overseas pros are playing. - T.K.

Comment

You are mistaken, as the US has played us quite a few times in the past when it ideally didn't appear to suit their interests. If we invite dem down to Jamaica, I am sure they would oblige.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You can gwaan beating up you gum and try run football off sentiments, not even the JFF thinks that playing a friendly in january will make any sense at all, especially financial as they made no mention of any games next month in the press conference yesterday.

Burrell said he was in negotiations with some South Anerican teams for February.

My point was and still is WHICH players would we use to play in January and which players would we play against as if we were to play any decent country none of their top players would eb available as there are no FIFA dates then.

Isd that so difficult to understand???

So if we took a purely local squad to play against a T&T (for example) local based squad and with trhe impending increase in ticket prices to go see gamnes at the stadium, would this be a smart financial move for the JFF to make?
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

I think we need friendlies against TOP opposition. We need to aim at being better than the USA and Mexico!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                        You are mistaken, as the US has played us quite a few times in the past when it ideally didn't appear to suit their interests. If we invite dem down to Jamaica, I am sure they would oblige.
                        Quiet a few times? Your memory is better than mine. The only time I can remember is the one friendly in 2002 but they brought an all MLS squad that time. Can you point to another time? - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          I think we need friendlies against TOP opposition. We need to aim at being better than the USA and Mexico!
                          We can aim but we also have to face our immediate reality as well. Right now teams better than the US and Mexico probably will not give us an opportunity. Does not mean it can't change down the road as we build our resume but for right now we have to work with what we can do now. - T.K.

Comment

I think we should consider playing Ecuador and Peru

Comment

easy off a Croatia fi now. Them is a very good team and only when we ready we can take them on.

There win over England was no fluke.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X