ManU's Ronaldo a father figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManU's Ronaldo a father figure

Manchester United's Portuguese wizard Ronaldo has become a father figure to Brazilian newcomer Anderson... at the tender age of 22.
    Anderson, 19, tells the club's Inside United magazine: "Ronaldo has been very, very important in helping us settle in here.

We are friends and team-mates.
    He's always looking after us, keeping an eye on us and if we sometime go astray he's clip our ears and try to put us right because he's been here for four or five years and he's bee through this period himself.

"Not only him but Carlos Queiroz. But mainly Ronaldo because we're friends and team-mates.
    He's always looking after us, keeping an eye on us and if we sometime go astray he's clip our ears and try to put us right because he's been here for four or five years and he's bee through this period himself.

"Sometimes we may not appreciate it that much but we know he's trying to help us. Nani has been a real help for me as well, because we arrived together, we speak the same language and we're learning to adapt to this new lifestyle together."

Nani, 21, added: "We knew the club asked Ronaldo for his opinion on us before they signed us and I think he must have given them a good impression.

"Sometimes he tells us where to go and what not to do, so if we haven't made many mistakes it's because of his advice. It's been a great help and it's made our lives much easier."

Anderson also spoke of his respect for Sir Alex. "It's well know what he has done with Ronaldo - he's done a fantastic job, as well as as with Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, David Beckham and the like.

"You can see the number of players he has brought through from the Academy into the first team. He's a very experienced manager, one of the best."

But Nani has recognised he is not a man to cross. He says: "My first impressions - the first time I met him and up until today - is that he's a very happy person.
    "He's very easy to deal with when things are going well. But if he has to impose himself then it's a different story and everything changes!"
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X