Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this racism?

What do you guys think of the following quote:

'' haha....I do support Caribbean teams. Jamaica and Trini are my teams if you saw my profile you'd know that. Besides I have ties to both nations. I just don't support Haiti but watever son.

And to the jamaican haters on this board, y'all need to get a life. And no where did i state Jamaica didn't have a high concentration of blacks. What you creoles don't realise is that we have about 90,000 people of East Indian ancestry living on the Island and that represents the second largest ethnic group in JA outside of blacks. I represent part of that demographic, but I know what bugs you haitians. I think its the "nappy hair" and "big noses' y'all have especially when you see someone who's biracial like myself. Talk about inferiority complex..lol

Does your hair hurt when you comb it.''

That was the answer of one of the members of this forum
    ( warlord) responding to a haitian poster telling him that he should be rutting for all carribean teams. Beeing haitian, id like to know what you think about a jamaican person saying something like that.

indulge me...what is the purpose of asking us what we think? what do YOU think?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      indulge me...what is the purpose of asking us what we think? what do YOU think?
      Well that specific jamaican poster seems to believe most jamaicans think like that.

Comment

on what basis did you come to that conclusion?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Does pace8 know your rates?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

on what basis did you come to that conclusion?
            well i kept telling him most jamaicans probably dont think that and he kept telling me i would be surprised, that i should post it on this site and see.

Comment

well he doesn't speak for me....and other than the prime minister of jamaica i cannot think of anyone who is entitled to speak for "most jamaicans".

Comment

What about Sister P? Or she can only speak fore those who voted for the PNP..snicker snicker...to quote Bad Mind Mosiah...Lacks Gosh look pon de time I have a meeting to rush to
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

pace8, many Jamaicans do feel that way about Haitians. It's unfortunate, but ah so. In fact, even one of our cartoonists depicted them like that when some boat Haitians came ashore some years ago.

Although I said "many" Jamaicans, I believe they are in the minority still.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh betta RUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      pace8, many Jamaicans do feel that way about Haitians. It's unfortunate, but ah so. In fact, even one of our cartoonists depicted them like that when some boat Haitians came ashore some years ago.

Although I said "many" Jamaicans, I believe they are in the minority still.
                      Aren't the majority of Jamaicans black?

Comment

yes the majority of jamaicans are black....a quick question are you a black haitian?

Comment

Originally posted by pace8 View Post
                          well i kept telling him most jamaicans probably dont think that and he kept telling me i would be surprised, that i should post it on this site and see.
                          Well, mixed Jamaicans sometimes act as if their better than us black jamaicans so nuh watch nuh face. Plus, no matter what country u come from, if u black u hair jus naturally "nappy" like mine. That dude jus taking this rivalry thing too far. Also, most Ja'cans dont "team up" with Trinis as it's a know fact that they "playa hate" us cause we're more popular so that warlord dude is a strange case. We get along more with Haitians than Trinis.

Comment

lionpaw.....there is a history in haiti between blacks and mullatoes that overshadows anything we have in jamaica.

not condoning either, but i get the feeling pace8 was not being an honest broker. i may be wrong though.

Comment

lionpaw.....there is a history in haiti between blacks and mullatoes that overshadows anything we have in jamaica.

not condoning either, but i get the feeling pace8 was not being an honest broker. i may be wrong though.
                              Yeah but I'm sure that Warlord bredda dont know about that history.

Comment

Working...
                              X