Tit-bit on Allan "Skill" Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tit-bit on Allan "Skill" Cole

Cole rose to prominence in 1966 by becoming the youngest schoolboy to represent Jamaica at football when he wore the national jersey against Haiti at 15 years and four months -- a record that still stands.
    He played several years for Jamaica and also became the first Jamaican to land a professional contract in Brazil, playing for division one team Nautico in 1972.
    Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN0326325720070703

…and perhaps, after all these years in the game this man knows a little about football?

“Spanna” Dennis – Interview with Gleaner – July 2006:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060719/sports/sports5.html

Allan “Skill” Cole – Potential: Interview with Clive “Busy” Campbell

Source - http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060620/news/news4.html

What type of club was this Nautico in 1971 and 1972? A lousy club or a club that knew quality players? A club that was considered one of the bottom Brazilian clubs or one among the crème de la crème?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clube_N%C3%A1utico_Capibaribe

Well they thought “Skill” was of the highest football skill! …and, that’s fact!
    Last edited by Karl; November 29, 2007, 01:02 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Good job karl!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
      Good job karl!
      Thanks, boss!
      I hope that answers and shuts up Jawge?
      Surely he cannot say those Brazilians of 1971-1972 with their then level in the game neva know ball?

Jawge: Are you going to tun pan di Brazilian dem now?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well let's wait and see if the target gets shifted. My bredrin Jawge is that talented enough to spin out of that one.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Excellent work, Karl!

Skill joined Nautico just 3 years after they won the championships 6 years in a row!!! He must be good. I think. Just a hunch, Jawge. And he still has not scored 2 wc goals.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A book time time now, you have fi wait till the eternal learner take a break
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Excellent work, Karl!

Skill joined Nautico just 3 years after they won the championships 6 years in a row!!! He must be good. I think. Just a hunch, Jawge. And he still has not scored 2 wc goals.

Yuh seit...but, will Jawge?

Comment

For me Skill has always been the best Jamaican footballer I have ever seen no he was not as good as Pele (afternoon Jawge) but he was'nt that far off either. If Skill had the same opputunity as Tappa did to go to a WC then I have no doubt in my mind that he would have performed very well and scored goals.

Authur Latimore and Lenny Hyde deserve honarable mentions as well.

Comment

being wrong has never silenced jawge.....the eternal learner meets the eternal optimist?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Scaly, yessiday when mi run out
                    wicked; yuh call pon di Lord's name an mi ease yuh up. Now yuh come back because yuh haff company. When yuh an cousin Eddie ah go fi
                    shoot bird, unnuh start fire as one parrot or dove lan inna di tree? No. Yuh wait till nuff ah dem feel comfortable and start fi eat. Watch di ride man an careful y'hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      Scaly, yessiday when mi run out
                      wicked; yuh call pon di Lord's name an mi ease yuh up. Now yuh come back because yuh haff company. When yuh an cousin Eddie ah go fi
                      shoot bird, unnuh start fire as one parrot or dove lan inna di tree? No. Yuh wait till nuff ah dem feel comfortable and start fi eat. Watch di ride man an careful y'hear.
                      hahaha...how u mean nuff talk when me hav backitive

Comment

ah so di ting set but
                        mi ah roll wid yuh too long now fi mek dat trouble mi

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                          Authur Latimore and Lenny Hyde deserve honarable mentions as well.
                          He was my coach up until I was 11 years of age I believe.

Comment

you believe he was yuh coach or yuh believe yuh was 11?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              you believe he was yuh coach or yuh believe yuh was 11?
                              hehehe...I was going to ask the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X