Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose open to England offer

Wednesday 28 Nov 2007

Jose Mourinho has revealed his interest in becoming the next England manager after admitting he is ready to talk to the Football Association.

The former Chelsea boss is believed to be one of the leading candidates to replace the sacked Steve McClaren at the helm of the national side.

JOSE MOURINHO

McClaren was axed after failing to lead England to next summer's European Championship on the back of a dismal qualifying campaign.

Mourinho, who has been out of football since leaving Chelsea in September, is the fans' favourite for the role and now the Portuguese coach has admitted he would welcome an approach from FA chief executive Brian Barwick.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me.

"We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."
    Barwick has already suggested that nationality "would not be an issue" in his search for a coach to revitalise England's flagging fortunes.

Mourinho's CV is impressive having led Porto to two Portuguese league championships, plus UEFA Cup and Champions League glory.

The 44-year-old also won the Premier League twice, two League Cups and one FA Cup during his trophy-filled reign at Stamford Bridge.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

mourinho would be a good signing... a signing the english fa could tolerate... he is neither german nor argentinian...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      mourinho would be a good signing... a signing the english fa could tolerate... he is neither german nor argentinian...
      ......and he's not afraid to cuss off the English media and call a spade a spade. The only problem is that, English football will become more boring as he will be playing to get results and not to entertain the fans.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What a turn of events? I recall him saying he wasn't ready to coach int'l football as he loved the day to day involvement of club football. If I was a betting man I would have put my money on him taking over at AC Milan.

What? No club nuh waan hire him?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

And when dis happen to Simoes wi say him nuh good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            And when dis happen to Simoes wi say him nuh good!
            Which well thinking people could claim that Simoes nuh good? Only a drunkard could mek that mistake.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
            X