The yard-based forumites didn't even inform us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The yard-based forumites didn't even inform us

Ah Bwoy!!! Ah suh unnuh tan! A bredrin from St Jago Hills just informed me that The Chinese are presently constructing a stadium up in Sligo Ville, St Catherine. He said that it's already in the middle stages with walls, seating and bathrooms put in. I'm not sure exactly where in Sligo Ville this is; however, my bredrin said that it's about 1/2 mile pass a church which is on the Sligo Ville main road.

Mo, Maudid et al, any news on this new stadium?
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

farmah... that was started close to two years ago... i remember being in jamaica and hear it on the news about the grant from china... i believe it was kd knight talking... don't quote me on that... i havn't heard anybody from yard really talk about it until you mention it...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

This is good news though baddaz! My bredrin said that the only problem he sees with the stadium is that the parking lot (or what appears to be the parking lot) is only big enough to park about 200 cars. He also mentioned that they will have to devise some way of getting water for the grass as there seems to be a water problem in Sligo Ville. Otherwise it sounds like everything else is in full swing.

This is good news also for the Boyz as they could use this as an alternate training site. Sligo Ville has very cool climes too to boot. I gather from your use of the word "grant" that this is not a loan; is that so? In any case, it's welcomed news!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

at the time i heard it was a multi-purpose sports complex... we can thank kd knight for the gift from the chinese... yes, it was a grant - dat iz what mi did hear wid mi eaz dem... lol... definitely, any new massive structure in jamaica is good, especially when it FREE... although, i know nothing is free... wow, rene get something to work with... alternate training site... africa here comes the reggaeboyz...

Comment

i believe after the hurricane i also saw some proposed housing development in the sligoville area... again i might be wrong, mi hear suh much tings deeze dayz... mi a wonda if dat sports complex was part of the inspiration for furda development in the area...

Comment

I believe they, the Chinese, just finished the police station a few weeks ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

tank yuh missa chin... yuh have money and people... we need all de assistance we can get...

Comment

I thought this was discussed here and it may be in KD constituency

Comment

Sligoville complex on the way
                  published: Friday | March 17, 2006

Rasbert Turner, Spanish Town

THE COMMUNITY of Sligoville in St. Catherine is set to benefit from a multi-faceted sports complex to be built at a cost of US$3 million by the Chinese Government.
                  The announcement was made at the groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday at the Sligoville Community Centre.
                  The complex, which is expected to start constructing later this month, will be built on land belonging to the Ministry of Land and Environment. It will be able, upon completion, to host cricket matches with a seating capacity of 1,200 people, a football field, a six-lane running track and a basketball court with 600 feet in coverage area, with night lighting facilities and fence. There will also be facilities for table tennis.
                  ECONOMIC SPIN-OFF
                  At the groundbreaking ceremony, the Member of Parliament for East Central St. Catherine, K.D. Knight, told the gathering that the complex will have great spin-off economically for residents of Sligoville and surrounding communities. He added that it was a dream come true and the next Veronica Campbell or Asafa Powell might come from the Sligoville community.
                  In his response, the Chinese Ambassador, Zhan Zhenya, said he was pleased that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had contacted the Chinese Government and that building such a facility could only enhance the ability of the Jamaican people.
                  When finished, the complex will have a 2,012 square metre paved parking space and 1,600 square metres unpaved. Several sports personalities were in attendance at the ceremony including Jamaica Amateur Athletics Association president Howard Aris, former national netball captain Connie Francis and Lincoln 'Happy' Sutherland from the St. Catherine FA.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it might have been during a time when i took a respite from the site... would not be surprised if it was discussed...

Comment

Yeah man. We discussed this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks mosiah... thats a nice community complex... jamaica needs about 20 more a dem size complexes... who else will step up to the plate...

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                          Ah Bwoy!!! Ah suh unnuh tan! A bredrin from St Jago Hills just informed me that The Chinese are presently constructing a stadium up in Sligo Ville, St Catherine. He said that it's already in the middle stages with walls, seating and bathrooms put in. I'm not sure exactly where in Sligo Ville this is; however, my bredrin said that it's about 1/2 mile pass a church which is on the Sligo Ville main road.

Mo, Maudid et al, any news on this new stadium?
                          Damn?
                          ...di Yaaard Massive wiked tuh wi tuh raaah?
                          ...damn?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            I believe they, the Chinese, just finished the police station a few weeks ago.
                            damn dem fus listening pos innah JA?
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Sligoville complex on the way
                              published: Friday | March 17, 2006

Rasbert Turner, Spanish Town

THE COMMUNITY of Sligoville in St. Catherine is set to benefit from a multi-faceted sports complex to be built at a cost of US$3 million by the Chinese Government.
                              The announcement was made at the groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday at the Sligoville Community Centre.

When finished, the complex will have a 2,012 square metre paved parking space and 1,600 square metres unpaved. Several sports personalities were in attendance at the ceremony including Jamaica Amateur Athletics Association president Howard Aris, former national netball captain Connie Francis and Lincoln 'Happy' Sutherland from the St. Catherine FA.
                              Damn?
                              Sorry Massive...
                              ...another senior moment?!
                              ...sorry for all you who also forgot!
                              ...damn so many of you rushing to join me in Shady Pines?
                              ...but, it is not so bad here!

Comment

Working...
                              X