• Show
Clear All

no.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hotta Fiyah!!

Comment

Ah so mi haff man ah hide
        bout di place. Is juss show say man haffi juss watch dem speech when dem ah deal certain tings

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          and other high school football enthusiasts, let's sit and reason.

Pele was seen hands down as the best among his peers (especially the 1970 Brasil team). we will focus on the 1970 Brasil team here:Félix, Carlos Alberto (C), Brito, Piazza and Marco Antonio; Clodoaldo, Gérson and Pelé; Jairzinho, Tostão and Rivelino. Now since you guys can find a player (Alan Cole) to match Brasil's best at the time, it stand to reason that you must can find others to match the rest of the team (who considered themselves unequal to pele).

Please google, get your facts together and let's have a debate.

Here is a picture of the 1970 squad to help you along:

I am waiting (I would like to know who would match jair)
          Jawge: We had one extremely outstanding player...it certainly does not stand to - nuh damn reason seh wi di ave nuh more at dat dere same time?

Skill could have played with those guys and the World would have thought he is just about right there with Pele! He was that good!

Mi dun, yuh can gwaan nuh believe!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

good luck..... and dem jawge have the nerve to associate himself with the word "reason"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Karl, we are borthers, hence we
              will sit and reason this out. I am a Jakan; I wouldn't at any time try to belittle the talent or work of another jakan. Let's break it down: If Alan Cole had this ability equal to that of Pele, then why didn't he display it during the qualifiers for the 70 WC (or is it that JA did not enter?)

Did you know that in Africa, many locals claimed that they had a player
              better than pele? Eusebio was touted as being better and even today Eusebio would tell you Pele is the better man.

Karl where did Alan Cole play that caused you to say his talent was unusual? Aside from the Cosmo promotional; did he play against any club teams with INT'L players?

Let's hear what you have to say before I go on.

Comment

I am going to put a closure on this
                thread. Why? Because it may seem that I am belittling Skill Cole. I just want you to know that here in lies a fundamental problem in our game of football: We are not good as we think we are and when Professionals come to teach us, they encounter hardships because we have cheerleaders telling us we are the best. We are so good yet it took several camps and world tour to bring us up to speed so the US could cheat us in RFK. (height of our ball).

We haven't beaten the US in the game of football and for some reason; I think if we had played the US in 1969 to qualify for 70 Wc the US would beat us the same way. I think we must sit and rethink our approach to this team sport called football.

Comment

Jawge, one man does not make a team. The Jamaican teams of the 60's and 70's did not have all the criteria to qualify them into the World Cup. But that should not be viewed that Skill was not a very good player.

Skill (and many others like himself) played at a time when we were not given all the tools to beat the opponents. The Little Magician came, saw and conquered the imagination of corporate Jamaica to the point where he was given all the necessary tools to help work his magic in qualifying the 1998 team.

Now it's all good and well to big-up Tappa because he deserves it. But at the same time we must be mindful that there have been other gifted players in the past too. Allan "Skill" Cole, Herbert "Dago" Gordon & Peter "Dove" Marston up there too. If you ask me I'll tell you that Skill, Pearl, Dago, Dove, Tappa are the 5 most talented players I have seen out of Jamaica. Now, not all have been fortunate enough to have paraded their skills on the world stage but nevertheless they belong in the same gifted vessel.

BTW: my father would tell you that the greatest Jamaican footballers he has seen are Lindy Delaphena and Karl Largie.
                  "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    and other high school football enthusiasts, let's sit and reason.

Pele was seen hands down as the best among his peers (especially the 1970 Brasil team). we will focus on the 1970 Brasil team here:Félix, Carlos Alberto (C), Brito, Piazza and Marco Antonio; Clodoaldo, Gérson and Pelé; Jairzinho, Tostão and Rivelino. Now since you guys can find a player (Alan Cole) to match Brasil's best at the time, it stand to reason that you must can find others to match the rest of the team (who considered themselves unequal to pele).

Please google, get your facts together and let's have a debate.

Here is a picture of the 1970 squad to help you along:

I am waiting (I would like to know who would match jair)

Aaaaah Jawge - http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=11583
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, put a cap on this fetid crap!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Farmah wi ah go reason:
                        Do you think that Tappa could play schoolboy football or run around for Seba and tell me he had skills? No Tappa distinguished himself against Romario (one of Brasil's best) and company he then played against Ronaldo (another of Brasil's creme de creme).

That aside let's talk: If you do an analysis; you will see that these exceptinal talents only arise when JA is off the INT'L football radar. We see JA clubs on FSC playing US and Mexican clubs. Did you see any excpetinal talent? I can bet if our game was restricted to high school football and local leagues it would be a different story.

Tappa himself said he hasn't seen any player as himself (and his words are true to date) Why is it easy to name many talents then and not now? Why can't we find a talent equal to Tappa?

Look at Abede Pele from Ghana; I'm sure he worked miracles with the ball in his home country for them to call him Pele. Whilst Abede Pele is a good player, he is not in the class of Pele of Brasil. Agree?

I will wait for you to come with more concrete arguments.

Comment

same reason we couldn't find talent equal to skill cole to compare with the rest of the brasilian team, perhaps?

yuh compounding the flawed reasoning and are enmeshing yourself within "a cocoon of horror"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nah sah; You had Dago gordon
                            Dove et al. Boss Tappa's skill is respected and known worldwide. I am yet to see Video with Skill Cole mesmermizing the Brasilians Tappa mash dem up when di Prof did carry them pon camp. Yuh neva know that?

Comment

jawge...i am yet to see re-runs of ring ding on tv does that diminish the quality of entertainment provided by mis lou??!

there is far more football on jamaican tv these days than there was when skill cole was at his prime (you were in amerkah dem time deh?). do you think that might be a factor?

Comment

So because mi neva live ah merica mi couldn't see
                                skill pon TV? ah joke yuh ah mek. Mi ah watch TV fram
                                Ring tin tin days (even rawhide, memba high chaporaal (sp)? so if skill did deh bout I would ah see it.

Address my argument about Abede Pele and Eusebio before yuh start wid skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X