Frank Rijkaard facing the axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Rijkaard facing the axe?

Barcelona legend Albert Ferrer has told Frank Rijkaard to toughen up or wave goodbye to Barcelona.

The Dutchman is under increasing pressure following stories that some of his bigger names, such as Ronaldinho, get preferential treatment.

Edmilson has this week hinted that Barca squad has its 'black sheep' who do not put the team first and the Camp Nou hierarchy are becoming increasingly concerned by the lack of discipline.

It is widely perceived that Rijkaard has been given three games to save his job and Ferrer believes that taking a hard line with his big names is the first place to start.

"Most people think he's not tough enough," Ferrer told Revista. "I think he's found himself in a situation now, where he's realised he has to act, otherwise within a couple of weeks he'll be out of a job.

"Barcelona cannot afford this situation to go on for a long time.

"I think they'll give him this month until Christmas but more than results I think they are looking for a change of philosophy. They are expecting Rijkaard to start making decisions.

"If he does that it will get him more time. But if he keeps doing the same things - like playing Ronnie when he's not fit, those kind of things - I don't think he will have much time left at the club."

Ferrer though does think that Ronaldinho still has plenty to offer the Catalan club.

He has struggled to hit top form so far this season and missed last weekend's romp against Recreativo despite returning from World Cup qualifying action with Brazil.

Ronaldinho has been strongly linked with Chelsea again, but Ferrer wants the playmaker to stick around and start proving to the club and the watching world, that he is still the best player on earth.

"I'm not sure his heart is completely in it," he said. It should be because he's still a Barcelona player. It's true that he has given everything to Barcelona, but Barcelona have a lot to him as well; I think they need each other.

"I want to think that when you are the best player in the world you have this pride inside that makes you work harder to show again that you are the best in the world. I still believe in Ronnie."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Blouse And Skirt

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Barcelona legend Albert Ferrer has told Frank Rijkaard to toughen up or wave goodbye to Barcelona.

The Dutchman is under increasing pressure following stories that some of his bigger names, such as Ronaldinho, get preferential treatment.

Edmilson has this week hinted that Barca squad has its 'black sheep' who do not put the team first and the Camp Nou hierarchy are becoming increasingly concerned by the lack of discipline.

It is widely perceived that Rijkaard has been given three games to save his job and Ferrer believes that taking a hard line with his big names is the first place to start.

"Most people think he's not tough enough," Ferrer told Revista. "I think he's found himself in a situation now, where he's realised he has to act, otherwise within a couple of weeks he'll be out of a job.

"Barcelona cannot afford this situation to go on for a long time.

"I think they'll give him this month until Christmas but more than results I think they are looking for a change of philosophy. They are expecting Rijkaard to start making decisions.

"If he does that it will get him more time. But if he keeps doing the same things - like playing Ronnie when he's not fit, those kind of things - I don't think he will have much time left at the club."

Ferrer though does think that Ronaldinho still has plenty to offer the Catalan club.

He has struggled to hit top form so far this season and missed last weekend's romp against Recreativo despite returning from World Cup qualifying action with Brazil.

Ronaldinho has been strongly linked with Chelsea again, but Ferrer wants the playmaker to stick around and start proving to the club and the watching world, that he is still the best player on earth.

"I'm not sure his heart is completely in it," he said. It should be because he's still a Barcelona player. It's true that he has given everything to Barcelona, but Barcelona have a lot to him as well; I think they need each other.

"I want to think that when you are the best player in the world you have this pride inside that makes you work harder to show again that you are the best in the world. I still believe in Ronnie."

U win a champions league and 2 domestic title in 3 years and u job on the line !

What have u done for me lately........the changing world of football, just like corporate America

Comment

yuh figget mourinho?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X