No announcement yet.

Derby County fires Davis. Personally,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Put...davis Nuh Good At The Prem Level. End Of Story.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
      Why are so many posters so hard on our own central defenders playing in the top flight? When central defenders and GKs make mistakes they tend to be howlers because they are so close to goal. Davis will not be the only central defender to make a mistake. What matters is how they play afterwards. Cho man, even Rio Ferdinand's OGs and John Terry make mistakes, but like Davis, they are few and far between.

How many mistakes has Davis made so far this season? Very few, that's why he is a Premiership quality defender. Also, compare Derby's results with and without Davis, and you will see a marked difference in goals scored against. Less goals are scored against Derby when Davis plays than when he does not.

dweetsweet... i have noticed the same thing... sometimes mi wonder iz what claude duh dem... i agree with your observation...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Look at the bonehead plays he makes. Shocking.

Comment

All there central get caught with the same thing. They are under a great deal of pressure and they will bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
            Simply Put...davis Nuh Good At The Prem Level. End Of Story.
            Well, the commentator (analyst) on the Chelsea game did say that he's the only premiership quality defender they have.

Comment

OK..and what is there position in the EPL ?..he might be the best in a sorry lot..

Have you seen Claude play ? He is awful...totally at sea...
              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Playing in the EPL as a central defender is hard wuk. None of our other home grown players have ever played in that position before against the quality opposition every week. Big Claude makes mistakes yes, but we should not crucify him.

I even hear someone said on this site that they would not call Claude for the Reggae Boyz as he has seen Derby pick up 5 and 6 from teams too many times (what's up Ssas?). I had to remind the person that Claude playes against the best week in week out. He will be better able to handle our CONCACAF games than he can the EPL because of the difference in the quality.

Anyway, I watched and saw the header Claude put in front of the Chelsea player. I said to myself, now there is fuel for the fire. . .
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                  Anyway, I watched and saw the header Claude put in front of the Chelsea player. I said to myself, now there is fuel for the fire. . .
                  And that had nothing to do with the strength of opponent or any undue pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    And that had nothing to do with the strength of opponent or any undue pressure.
                    Alright .... unuh easy ... the youth acknowledged his mistake, the fact is it didn't lead to a goal.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                    X