Derby County fires Davis. Personally,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby County fires Davis. Personally,

I am not surprised, but ... is it really a coaching issue? Keeping it real .. THE PLAYERS DON'T BELONG IN THE EPL. Look at the second goal Chelsea scored on Saturday?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

well he does not have the best talent, but also his tactical approach is not up to standard. I watched his team play with two marking central defenders Moore and another idiot. Every diagonal run the opposing forwards made open up the middle for others to play in. At that level thats is basic stuff and you will get punished if you play like that. As I said the gap between the epl and first division is huge

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      well he does not have the best talent, but also his tactical approach is not up to standard. I watched his team play with two marking central defenders Moore and another idiot. Every diagonal run the opposing forwards made open up the middle for others to play in. At that level thats is basic stuff and you will get punished if you play like that. As I said the gap between the epl and first division is huge
      I agree OJ the players are not up to par and the commentator said something very interesting which is you have to play with the will and confidence like you are a Premiership team and want to win then you can compete.....a new coach will not make much difference.

Comment

claude has been released?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

lazie..there is DAVIS and there is DAVIES.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            claude has been released?
            After that header in the first half I wouldn't be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              lazie..there is DAVIS and there is DAVIES.....

My bad .... the one wid the "e".
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Claude Davis- most big money moves than any other home based jamaican..........let's not forget dis !
                It would be good to be there when da gates of Zion are closed ......... Chalice

Comment

di man is a fan of chalice? mi trying to find the reggaephihardancehallmonic orchestra.....yuh know it is on any cd compilation?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambsbread View Post
                    Claude Davis- most big money moves than any other home based jamaican..........let's not forget dis !
                    Did you see the attempted headed clearance against Chelsea? After the atrocious play the commentator said "and this is the only supposed Premiership caliber player on the squad"

Comment

For a minute there I was thinking they finally wised up about Santa Claude
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Derby split with manager Davies

Davies has been in charge at Pride Park for 18 months

Derby manager Billy Davies has left the Premier League strugglers after talks with chairman Adam Pearson.
                        The club are two points adrift at the foot of the table following a 2-0 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday.
                        "We have decided mutually in the best interest of both parties that to go our separate ways is the correct decision at this time," said Pearson.

Academy boss Kevin Thelwell takes charge for Saturday's match with fellow relegation battlers Sunderland.

Derby have just one win so far this season, which came against Newcastle, and have conceded 33 goals.

The side have struggled to come to terms with the top flight after Davies, who joined in June 2006, steered them to promotion via the play-offs last season.

The former Preston boss had his fate sealed at a meeting on Monday with Pearson but did not help his cause with comments made after the loss to Chelsea as he hinted at frustration with the club's board.
                        He said: "It would be nice if I could have five minutes with him [Adam Pearson]. But I can't, he is a very busy man. I haven't spoken to him for two or three weeks."

Pearson, who has been working on attracting new investment to the club, said the board had lost patience with Davies because of his negative comments.

"I was surprised on Saturday night when it was suggested I hadn't spoken to Billy for three weeks because that is totally inaccurate," he told BBC Radio Derby.

"My last formal meeting 10 days ago was to ask for a list of players for Christmas and there have been subsequent phone calls so that caused a little bit of tension.

"Things were brought to a head because there were continual comments about lack of investment and that is hard for this club to accept because the wage bill's been increased significantly, £12m has been spent on players and the debt has been reduced by £6m."

Davies, who has become the fifth managerial casualty in the Premier League so far this season, put a question mark over his future back in May after steering Derby to promotion.
                        But he signed a contract extension until June 2010 after talks with the board and ex-chairman Peter Gadsby, although that was another controversial episode in his tenure at the club.
                        Davies did not shed any light on any row with the Derby board.

He said: "I would like to thank the staff, players, wonderful fans of Derby County and the board for what has been a very enjoyable time for me.

"What's quite ironic on the morning of me parting company with Derby is that I am going to the [BBC] East Midlands [Sports] awards tonight to pick up the coach of the year award.

"There have been lots of ups and downs but in the main I'm proud of what has been achieved at the club and I walk away very much with my head held high."

Thelwell, who joined Derby as the club's academy boss in July 2006, will be assisted by goalkeeping coach Alan Fettis and senior squad members Matt Oakley and Darren Moore. After meeting Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, Derby travel to Old Trafford to face champions Manchester United before a home match with Middlesbrough.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Why are so many posters so hard on our own central defenders playing in the top flight? When central defenders and GKs make mistakes they tend to be howlers because they are so close to goal. Davis will not be the only central defender to make a mistake. What matters is how they play afterwards. Cho man, even Rio Ferdinand's OGs and John Terry make mistakes, but like Davis, they are few and far between.

How many mistakes has Davis made so far this season? Very few, that's why he is a Premiership quality defender. Also, compare Derby's results with and without Davis, and you will see a marked difference in goals scored against. Less goals are scored against Derby when Davis plays than when he does not.

Comment

7 as opposed to 5 or 6?

Comment

No! Here are the facts.

Davis has played 12 of Derby's 14 Premiership games, and he was subbed due to injury during 3 of his 12 games. While he was on the field, 21 goals were scored against Derby, which calculates to 1.75 goals per game.

Derby has conceded 33 goals over 14 games so far this season in the Prem, which is 2.35 goals per game.

Conclusion: More goals conceded when Davies does not play than when he plays. QED.

Comment

Working...
                              X