Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Baddaz;64710]

[QUOTE]
    what does that have to do with this upcoming campaign...
    It has alot to do with the campaign. We've never bebaten them and the closest and best chance we got last cycle, it was lost.

isn't realistic to who? bredrin, yuh affi leggo the defeatist mentality

No-one us having a defeatist mentally, but you have to examine all the factors involved. The US is a much stronger defensive team than us and they're harder to break down. Defensively we have issues and don't have proper holding midfielders. That in itself puts more pressure on our back 4.

Comment

[quote=Tilla;64675]

I could point you to so many games where the stronger team on paper should have prevailed, but they did not. Hey, the last week we say Russia losing to Israel and England to Croatia. If we followed your way, England would have been in the Euro next year.
      That's a good point and I'll address it. England club teams has issues with its young players today not getting better at the youth level because teams are investing heavily in foreign players more. That is a detriment to the future of their football aspirations if it continues. Italy, Spain, France don't have that problem.

Mexico have some good players, not even counting Dos Santos and those other young ones. We can still beat them however with good coaching.

In other words we have to play the counter-attacking game against them because god forbid you and I know if we play an open game we'll expose our deficiencies which means we'll concede heavily.

I also do not think #1 and 2 positions are guaranted to any team. They will have to work for it and as much as they can be considered fovorites, the game is still played on the field.
      I disagree here, and history over the last decade or so further proves my point. It will not be a walk in the park but I can almost guarantee you that the US or Mexico will field their strongest squads until the hex begins.
      Last edited by Warlord; November 28, 2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

yes..but they have a prestigious tournament trophy to their name....question.....which would you rather to always qualify for the WC or to win it once?
        Gamma,

I see your point and yes they go down in UEFA history books but most football enthusiasts will only remember that about Greece.

As far as your question goes, I would rather win the WC at least once in my lifetime. But this is the WC we're talking bout here. 32 of the best teams in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
          Good point but realistically we cannot challenge Mexico or the US for 1st or second. We are just not on their level yet. I'm not saying we should lay down and get murdered by them but we have alot of work to do to get to their level. Maybe in the future we can match them in every dept but as of right now i don't think we can eclipse them.

This is the reason why I mentioned that the 3rd spot could be ours this cycle because the lock Costa Rica had on it is gone. They are rebuilding and will struggle.
          The USA players and the Mexican players...like our REGGAE BOYZ put their boots on one foot at a time!

They like us can be beat!
          Who better to do so in the qualifiers than our REGGAE BOYZ?!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X