Porto warn giants off Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porto warn giants off Anderson

<P class=big>Porto president Pinto da Costa has warned Chelsea and Barcelona that the Portuguese outfit have no interest in discussing the possible sale of Brazilian wonderkid Anderson.

The 18-year-old has been trailed by both the English and Spanish champions as his impressive displays for Porto continue to suggest he could live up to his tag of 'the new Ronaldinho'.

With The Blues dispatching head of youth recruitment Frank Arnesen to watch the former Gremio starlet in action against CSKA Moscow, and Barca director of football Txiki Beguiristain admitting the UEFA Champions League winners' interest, speculation has been rife that the two giants could compete for the schemer's signature.

Anderson has even fanned the flames by admitting himself that he would be tempted by a move to either Stamford Bridge or Camp Nou, and recent reports suggest that it is the Catalans, who currently possess World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, who lead the race for the Samba starlet.

However, da Costa has vehemently denied entertaining the prospect of selling Anderson, stating in the process that the vastly-gifted youngster will remain part of the furniture at Estadio do Dragao.

"I am happy because they speak of our players, even though there is no foundation," da Costa told O Jogo.

"It does not have the minimum of foundation.

"We are not negotiating, neither are we interested in negotiating about Anderson or any another player.

"I remain happy and do not worry myself that they continue to speak."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X