• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricketts hails dawn of a new era

Ricketts hails dawn of a new era
    published: Saturday | November 24, 2007

Keisha Hill, Staff Reporter
    JAMAICA CAPTAIN Donovan Ricketts lauded the public after the team's 2-0 victory over Guatemala on Wednesday and promised better things to come.
    "This is a renaissance in the Boyz era," goalkeeper Ricketts said. "Captain Burrell has come on board with a grand design. He is like the architect and this is just the initial phase of what hopefully will be our qualification for South Africa 2010," he said.

Visiting president of the Cayman Islands Football Association, Jeffrey Webb, congratulated the Jamaica Federation (JFF) on behalf of the Caribbean and the region for returning top-flight football to the National Stadium.

"What I saw on the field tonight was passion displayed by the players who really wanted to play for Jamaica. For me it is a change to what we have seen here in the past as vision and leadership were lacking," Webb said.
    "The JFF now has good leadership and I am sure that the Reggae Boyz will continue to go from strength to strength," he said.

The president of the JFF, Horace Burrell, also expressed similar sentiments in strengthening the JFF's commitment to improving the level of football in Jamaica.
    "The new board of the JFF will be meeting shortly, and we will look at the way forward. What is for sure is that we will do everything that is humanly possible to keep this team very active," Burrell said.

"We will not allow any of the FIFA dates to pass by and not have a friendly international lined up. The players and staff have given their commitment and together we intend to move this programme at a pace that is just incredible," he said.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X