While it seems like our senior team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While it seems like our senior team

is back on track, I hope that a developement program is put in place and this is whether we qualify for South Africa or not.

We need to get the youngster them in a good program so we will not be embarrassed by St.Vincent and the likes of those team.

I hope Simoes have a plan and the 4 million budget includes this plan. The he JFF say we will hear more about it and I am anxiously waiting.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good topic but I hold a controversial view on the personnel the JFF plans to bring in. The wide belief is that our man on the plane is Rene Simoes. Now, as much as I thank him bountifully for having taken us to France 98, and for leading a revolution in Jamaica's football, I think this time around The Prof's expertise should be fully maximised to aid our total development. I clearly recall that at the end of his last stay, he was literally burnt out and ran out of ideas in coaching against our CONCACAF opponents. But that said, I do believe the Prof can be very valuable.

For my money, The Prof should be brought in to oversee the development of the island's young footballers. He should be in charge of the academy and young players up through the U23 squad. His vast knowledge and experience with Brasil's youth team would be of massive importance in his portfolio/responsibilities. In so doing, I believe we would be able to ensure (what Karl and Stonigut termed) "perpetual renewal."

I maintain my position that someone else (J.Barnes, B.Arena, T.Venables, S.Sampson[?], S.Keshi, G.Weah, J.Klinsman, G.Maxwell, J.Cruyff) should be brought in to be the manager/head coach of the senior team. This direct and immediate responsibility would be to qualify us and coach us through our sojourn in Southern Africa.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
      Good topic but I hold a controversial view on the personnel the JFF plans to bring in. The wide belief is that our man on the plane is Rene Simoes. Now, as much as I thank him bountifully for having taken us to France 98, and for leading a revolution in Jamaica's football, I think this time around The Prof's expertise should be fully maximised to aid our total development. I clearly recall that at the end of his last stay, he was literally burnt out and ran out of ideas in coaching against our CONCACAF opponents. But that said, I do believe the Prof can be very valuable.

For my money, The Prof should be brought in to oversee the development of the island's young footballers. He should be in charge of the academy and young players up through the U23 squad. His vast knowledge and experience with Brasil's youth team would be of massive importance in his portfolio/responsibilities. In so doing, I believe we would be able to ensure (what Karl and Stonigut termed) "perpetual renewal."

I maintain my position that someone else (J.Barnes, B.Arena, T.Venables, S.Sampson[?], S.Keshi, G.Weah, J.Klinsman, G.Maxwell, J.Cruyff) should be brought in to be the manager/head coach of the senior team. This direct and immediate responsibility would be to qualify us and coach us through our sojourn in Southern Africa.
      What are the chances of that? I say it won't happen. The aim will be - qualify for South Africa and then fix the foundation.

It will be interesting to hear forumites' view on this, particularly Karl's, because many of us will choose to be guided by whatever the JFF leadership says, even if it really goes against what we believe is best. Declare unnu hands from now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

good talk but remember we run way the other Brazillian them that was with him.

He and Clovis was at Cortiba and I hope he bring back Clovis. Clovis is one of the best conditioning coach and training coaches but he just can't pick a team in my opinion. He and Simoes work good togather and he would run the trainings and camps and Simoes do the rest. Hopefully he will get the help of the young coaches and hope they are willing to play advisor role as Bradley Stewart is doing now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think the chance is slim to none....yet, I won't say it won't happen. Stranger things have happened in Jamaican football. If all else fails though, I would settle for a second stint of Simoesism. If nothing else, he has the charisma and the ability to drum-up belief in both players and corporate Jamaica.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            good talk but remember we run way the other Brazillian them that was with him.

He and Clovis was at Cortiba and I hope he bring back Clovis. Clovis is one of the best conditioning coach and training coaches but he just can't pick a team in my opinion. He and Simoes work good togather and he would run the trainings and camps and Simoes do the rest. Hopefully he will get the help of the young coaches and hope they are willing to play advisor role as Bradley Stewart is doing now.
            Who run whey Clovis?

Young coaches? What about "best coaches"? Because Bradley not young, and if we can respect him, why not others? Or do we have to wait until the Captain gives his approval first?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I said the other Brazillians the ones who left about the pay dispute. In your rush you dont even think what a man a say. I am talking about Walta Gamma and others who left with him.

Clovis did his term and was fired.
              "Who run whey Clovis?"

"Young coaches? What about "best coaches"? Because Bradley not young, and if we can respect him, why not others? Or do we have to wait until the Captain gives his approval first? "

We have more potential in the younger coaches and the ability to mold them as I daid the older ones can be advisors and play management roles. We looking to the future

Comment

karl has declared his hand already. In a earlier post he said it is all about South Africa 2010

Comment

"Young coaches? What about "best coaches"? Because Bradley not young, and if we can respect him, why not others? Or do we have to wait until the Captain gives his approval first? "

We have more potential in the younger coaches and the ability to mold them as I daid the older ones can be advisors and play management roles. We looking to the future
                  ManU fans are happy that you don't set policy for their club.

In the meantime, we must rid ourselves of this idea that youth is the way to go, at the expense of older and better people. Let the young take their positions because they have proven themselves to be better, not simply because there is more potential. Potential is like charisma - it's really nothing at the end of the day. We writing off our older players now our coaches are being thrown onto the dump heap. We are not Brazil. We do not have quality seeping thru the woodwork.

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sore loses are really a bore.

Comment

I hope Simoes have a plan...
                      Simoes?
                      That is our problem we look to the followers for leadership!

..at the level of forward thinking and planning for the future it is the JFF...currently Burrell and his CEO Horace Reid who must lead on putting a plan in place.

Fortunately they are both open to discussions and suggestions to developing our talent which they acknowledge resides in every nook and cranny of the island.

They are also of the mindset that every bit of 'resource' already available such be used to maximum allowable use potential.

FORWARD!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No Mo the fact is I am not satify with the level of coaching we currently have so I would go with the potential as most of the older coaches are set in their ways, we have to train the young ones to be BETTER.

If what rumor have it say it is sad as I hear after a Bora coaching session one coach say "mek we have some real training now" or something to that effect. In my opinion Downswell and Maxwell are two coaches who need to go outside of Jamaica at the moment as CB did and run a program for themselves independent of any attachment or generic roots.

We have fi include one and two a the oldster but not much, we want a new start, and some new energy with a different mentality.

Fergie has proven himself and you nuh see him a go give Gigs and Ole a coaching role at Manu?

Comment

Working...
                        X