Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England with a German coach? NAH..i don't see it

Beckenbauer extols Klinsmann virtues

BERLIN, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Juergen Klinsmann would be an ideal manager for England because he would not be afraid to shake things up and knows how to rebuild a humiliated soccer power, Franz Beckenbauer said on Friday.
    Beckenbauer, captain and coach of German teams that won the World Cup in 1974 and 1990, said he was astonished that a team with such great players as Frank Lampard, Steve Gerrard and David Beckham had done so poorly.
    'Who can lead the boys with the three lions out of their coma?' Beckenbauer wrote in his Bild newspaper column. 'One name comes immediately to mind. Juergen Klinsmann. The England job would be ideal for him and he would be ideal for England.'
    Beckenbauer, a member of FIFA's 24-strong executive committee, said England, who failed to qualify for the Euro 2008 finals, were in a similarly dire situation to Germany when they were eliminated at Euro 2000 in the first round.
    Klinsmann took charge of Germany after they were again humiliated at Euro 2004 with a first-round exit. He revamped and modernised the German FA (DFB), leading Germany to a surprising third place at the 2006 World Cup.
    'Juergen is a man with a clear vision and knows how to implement that vision even against resistance,' Beckenbauer said. 'I could well imagine England getting a fresh start with him.
    'He'd have three years until the 2010 World Cup to form a new team and he wouldn't have to worry about old baggage. He speaks the language, has a great reputation there thanks to his time at Tottenham and was even footballer of the year.'

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

It will not happen. It would be like the Argentines hiring a Brazilian coach, and the FA will not hire a coach from one of their rival countries. Portuguese, Brazilian, Dutch, Spanish, no problema in the eyes of the English.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here is the coach for england that they will never have the onions to give howver. Jean Tigana. The closest you will come to Wegner and they cant get wegner.

Comment

Who is the next good english coach that has not already coached england.

Comment

all a the UK coach them a back out, from Harry Rednapp, Sam Alladaryce, Martin Oneil, and all. Them see the treatment that the coach get and they may think their career with their clubs are longer.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i think england will go with an englishman... i see them very much the way americans are... they wouldn't want a foreigner getting the credit for taking them from their lowest point to respectability... sven was ok because for one he isn't german and two they weren't this low and humiliated...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I think in terms of optics its important they get a english man. In terms of football get someone who can captivate the rooney era. That is certainly not jose or Capello. Those guys can get you to the dance but not in style.

Comment

Working...
              X