SO I guess yhe next matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO I guess yhe next matter

on the agenda for the new administration is the little one of securing a kit deal. Both Burrell and his right-hand man Horace Ried are currently in South Africa on FIFA and JFF business respectively...where Burrell says he hope to get the ball rolling on securing us a new kit deal.

I am silently hoping for us to tie somwthing up with Puma. I believe of all the brands, this is perhaps the one that our Jamaican people identifies more with (half our ballers preffer to wear Puma boots, our track teams are currentlt outfitted by them too)...plus I find Puma apparel more appealing than say a Uhl Sport or even Adidas.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

puma already making "jamaican soccer" jerseys and have a "jamaica line" that seems to do very well.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

adidas would be my first choice... puma second... it nuh good fi give one apparel dealer all yuh team bizniz... puma already have track... use dat fi get adidas fi football... we cannot undervalue our worth... we shouldn't allow any of these companies to get control and reduce thier offerings...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

yeah....and where exactly did we get with lancera and uhlsport?

puma has shown a willingness and has embraced the jamaica brand unlike no other apparel maker. don't forget adidas used to be our track and field kti provider as was reebok...none has stepped up the way puma did (i think thanks to merlene who had her own endorsement deal with puma long before).

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          yeah....and where exactly did we get with lancera and uhlsport?
          don't know... just know that both were not sufficient in meeting our apparel needs nor aiding in the arrangement of matches or subsidising those matches...

puma has shown a willingness and has embraced the jamaica brand unlike no other apparel maker. don't forget adidas used to be our track and field kti provider as was reebok...none has stepped up the way puma did (i think thanks to merlene who had her own endorsement deal with puma long before).
          gamma, yu have a point... howver puma's willingness is only that... a willingness... their embracing the jamaica brand is not unlike what adidas or nike are doing, just without jamaica official branding... it makes money...

the past is to be recognised but the presnt and future is the focus of negotiation for a better contract...

Comment

so my point is that the machinery is already in place...adidas and uhlsport were not prepared to spend the marketing dollars......puma has shown that it can and has done so....therefore if we do sign with them it seems to be more than a willingness.....if we don't then the marketing is gpoing to have to start from scratch and that is where we might lose out....we are ranked almost 100....how much bargaining power would we have for marketing dollars?

adidas nowhere near puma with the jamaica branding...maybe it's copyright issues but i doubt it!

Comment

so my point is that the machinery is already in place...adidas and uhlsport were not prepared to spend the marketing dollars......puma has shown that it can and has done so....therefore if we do sign with them it seems to be more than a willingness.....if we don't then the marketing is gpoing to have to start from scratch and that is where we might lose out....we are ranked almost 100....how much bargaining power would we have for marketing dollars?

adidas nowhere near puma with the jamaica branding...maybe it's copyright issues but i doubt it!
              I agree with you!
              I think Puma is a good fit!

...and, yes Adidas was the early rage - can remember my 10.00 flat and my 9.9!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ah...no....i don't have that kinda memory!

Comment

gamma, i am not saying that we should not encourage a puma signing for our football... i am saying we should use the leverage we have with puma, already our t&f sponsors to get a favorable deal with anyone with an interest in being our football partner... in this instance it will be for the highest bidder...

the documented success of puma with the jamaica brand, is no secret... speculation, other sports marketing companies want to reap some of the spoils from an association with jamaica... puma success is evidence... the jamaica brand is stronger that many of us realize... don't look at the fifa 100+ ranking as a detriment... in marketing that would not be an overiding factor... its the brand appeal... culture determinant or driver is weighed heavily... jamaica has that significant advantage... difficult to put a dollar value on that...

one thing i am positive about... if the new adidas marketing had jamaica, or better yet nike, they would be way more aggressive in support and marketing campaign than puma could ever hope to be...

Comment

re new adida and nike...hope suh....

i hear yuh...but i take a different angle.

Comment

ah...no....i don't have that kinda memory!
                      Yuh closer tuh Shady Pines dan yuh tink!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mi just waan mek sure that the new kit shall tek us through qualifying to kickoff in Capetown or Johannesburg. BTW, my Ulhsport jersey still look cris, and mi nuh waan buy a jersey fi a West Indian parade, but fi football matches.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

...and, yes Adidas was the early rage - can remember my 10.00 flat and my 9.9!
                          Huh??

What yuh doin Karlus, yuh remembering or yuh dreamin'?
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

perhaps...but thankfully i'm not there!!!

Comment

Didnt we hear that Jack and T&T had tried to or had succeeded in blocking Adidas from dealing with us?

Or was that a lie?
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X