RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3,4,5 and 6 touch ball haffi stap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3,4,5 and 6 touch ball haffi stap!!!

Even Ricketts got in on the entertainment ball nearing the end. When he could have SIMPLY booted the ball away, he had to bruck one man before clearing....

Tonight's game was an improvment over the last one in terms of purpose. Still, making the ball do the work was often times lacking.

The better teams in CONCACAF will present greater challenges.

The search for a coach who will insist on less frill is NEEDED Jawge!!

Congratulations Reggae BoyZ.
    Last edited by HL; November 22, 2007, 01:15 AM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Ahhh bwoyyyy...

Originally posted by HL View Post
    Even Ricketts got in on the entertainment ball nearing the end. When he could have SIMPLY booted the ball away, he had to bruck one man before clearing....

Tonight's game was an improvment over the last one in terms of purpose. Still, making the ball do the work was often times lacking.

Congratulations Reggae BoyZ.
    We cant please nagga

Comment

DiGlor...yuh have sup'm fi seh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

she/him a mussi "country people"
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are correct....

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          she/him a mussi "country people"

I am a country man, born and bred ah country, live my life ah country, lef country and still go back ah country. The fact still remain that no matter what, yu cah please everybody.

Towards the end of the game the man dem start play ball possession to keep the ball, Ricketts (with confidence) get the ball and shiff a man safely with plenty space between him and the onrushing player, then made his pass so that the team maintained ball possession instead of kicking the ball way up field.

Ah country mi learn the importance of ball possession.

Comment

mi agree wid everything execpt the "********************" part.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that should read
              mi agree wid everything execpt the nagga part.

Comment

that should read
                mi agree wid everything execpt the "nagga" part.

Comment

All right sah, I hear you. Its a good thing mi neva seh '************************'.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Improvemnt on the last?
                    No!

It was a step back in too many areas.

One area where it improved was the TEAM play of the forwards. Dane Richards who created two excelelnt opportunities with passes and Fuller were far better than Shelton (in his little cameo appearance).

The defense was the best part of our game...yet, too often Pepe and Shavar 'sat on the ball'. More experienced forwards would have given them...and, more importantly US (our Reggae Boyz) serious problems.

Marshall too often (both matches) gives away the ball with long kicks.

Then that most important part of defense - "keeping?

Ricketts was horrible. I think I counted 3 times he gave the ball to the REGGAE BOYZ....supposedly his TEAM. Every other time he booted the ball to the opponents...started Guatemalans attack. Somehow it seems as if he has not yet realised that he plays on TEAM REGGAE BOYZ?!

The midfield simple gave the ball away very, very often!

Agreed!

Tappa did very well when we take into consideration - 6 days practise inclusive of the 2 matches.

Nothing displayed suggested any other coach could do a better job. We saw that at times the players remembered to move and pass and when they did they looked very good.

Both goals were well taken. Showed skill and thought!
                    Fuller's strong run and clever lob was all good.
                    Omar Daley's equally strong run and skillful turning of his man and making wider angle on goal and his finishing was equally good.

The R'Boyz were far better than their opponents and if football...TEAM football was played with the technical ability displayed, I think they are 5/6 goals better than this Guatemalan group.

The display showed the TEAM goofed off for long periods. In the first match goofing off occured but the length of time it occured in this match reduced the match - and the REGGAE BOYZ players to a joke...a comic exercise...too often and for long periods!

Congratulations Reggae BoyZ for the win!
                    Last edited by Karl; November 22, 2007, 11:21 AM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tappa was very vocal....

and loud during the first half. He was coaching all out on the side line. Apparently for the second half ,when he saw that his team was in total control, he relaxed and started to watch the runnings. The team responded and played to a coach that they like and respected.

One thing though, there are signs that they may become too cocky and casual.

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by DiGlor View Post
                          and loud during the first half. He was coaching all out on the side line. Apparently for the second half ,when he saw that his team was in total control, he relaxed and started to watch the runnings.
                          Agreed!

The team responded and played to a coach that they like and respected.
                          How do I read your above?
                          OK - They started as if they were following instructions and at times during the match it showed...but, too often during teh match they obviously did not. Lost focus? Return to ingrained bad habits?

Whatever the reason I am sure no coach teaches bad play....and, worse to put that bad play into 'play' often? So at those times they were not following instructions.

The changes in both matches appear to create a temporary return to 'structured play'. I really liked how Dane Richards remained focussed on simple doing 'the right thing'. Great effort and siimple intelligent effective play.

One thing though, there are signs that they may become too cocky and casual.
                          Appears so!
                          Agreed!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X