If as the rumor has it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    that Daniel Passarella could be packing his bags for Jamaica if we dont bag the Perfesser for a second stint, would US$1m a year be able to pay the former Argentine star defender?

Also how familiar is he with CONCACAF and given that the next two FIFA dates are in February then March, what time will he have to get his team together as I am willing to bet he does not spend his spare time scouting the Jamaican players.
    Less!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well you are entitled to one

Comment

again why did we fire bora? if we were not certian of simoes and if we are going to pay similar salary to someone else

Comment

yu need fi ax burrell that
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. No one deserves US$1M a year for TD position for Jamaica. T&T can afford that, not us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just my thoughts....my personal favorite though would be Kempes even over Rene.
              Kempes was a great player, one of my favorites, but do tell us Scaly, what is his record as a coach since his brilliant 1978 run for Argentina giving them the World Cup. If you are going off just player reputation alone, then what of Passarella, Alberto Tarantini, Ricky Villa or Osvaldo Ardiles? Those were all great players, but not all made the transition to coaching successfully at the international level.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Kempes was a great player, one of my favorites, but do tell us Scaly, what is his record as a coach since his brilliant 1978 run for Argentina giving them the World Cup. If you are going off just player reputation alone, then what of Passarella, Alberto Tarantini, Ricky Villa or Osvaldo Ardiles? Those were all great players, but not all made the transition to coaching successfully at the international level.
                Tilla frankly I don't know his record as a coach, I know he was successfull in Uraguay with a clib team (I think it's Uraguary) but other than that I know he spent a lot of time on South Beach(partied with his assitant one nite that's how I know ) however he was a brilliant player as u rightly said and he was very eager to coach. I think given his name, reputation and expierence he would have brought a lot to the table.

Yes I loved him as a player but just had a good feeling about him.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

The last I know of Kempes was that he was working for I think ESPN Deportes as a commentator. Someone did say he was supposed to coach Panama, but that did not materialize.

Frankly, I would have loved to see Kempes coach jamaica too, although I am not sure of his coaching pedigree. I also think if we are willing to give Kempes or other unproven coaches the chance to coach an international team, then we can also consider our own John Barnes.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Full time we stop looking at names and start studying some people at the lower ranks who have had some success especially at the Olympic age group level
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

true! but what yuh think Burrell is going to do? look cheap?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                        Full time we stop looking at names and start studying some people at the lower ranks who have had some success especially at the Olympic age group level
                        Sicko I agree the problem is many in the public don't agree you and for some of the people in power at the JFF they believe that without a name there will be no money.

And John Q Public also thinks the same thing to.

Lawd I hope to god Jawge don't ask me who name John Q Public.

Comment

Maybe because in the one year that Bora was in charge, he hadnt shown anything to make us believe that he could get us to the promised land. Sure, most of that blame lies at the feet of the JFF who didnt give him any games....but I believe the fact that he was collecting our money with no real success coming our way may have been his downfall.
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

LOL....
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

A one strict disciplinarian dis yah, him stay the same as when him dida play, tough is a shame. Mi wouldah prefer di ole broom still.

Comment

heh heh... myyout... u a de bess... mi feel de same way bout de ole broom...
                                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                                X