Fuller & Shelton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller & Shelton?

Tappa should give these players another good run!

The problem with both is they have anti-TEAM so inbedded that that is their 'reflex' game.

How do you 'lick dat outta dem'?

Yes...yes...they both created goalscoring chances.
    ...but, they both too often lost the ball ...i.e. gifted the ball to the opponent.

I am ripping my hair out wondering why they consistently do this?

Sure we get away with it at the level team we played last Saturday...but, isn't it the Englands, Ghanas, Nigerias, Brazils, Croatias, Japans, USAs, Mexicos, Australias, Germans, Argentinas, Spains, Italys, etc. we are trying to beat?

Well giving away the ball like they did gets us beat! ...and, at times beat terribly - like that 6-0 vs England and that 4-0/4-1 vs Australian and Ghana!

That is not our aim!

Tappa will have to let Fuller nad Shelton know they must play off and with each other and their TEAMmates. They must not lose the ball...the TEAM must not lose the ball...when TEAMmates are in passing lanes waiting to receive same.

They must also shoot! They are our forwards...our designated chief goalscorers. ...or is it they do not know that?

Not passing e.g.
    Fuller - missed from 7 yards (agree he should shoot properly...or, at least put the ball on target. Christ it was 7 yards out!) with Ryce-Campbell free to his right...equally 7 yards out, with no defender near him and an open goal gaping!

Fuller sprinting all of 35 yards with the ball with Bibi on one side...Ryce-Campbell wide on the right free...and, Shelton free on hsi left...and a host of players/his TEAMmates free behind him. Granted he did not lose the ball...he was merely hammered to thhe ground and kept the ball via a free-kick.

Shelton - At the end of a 12 pass move by the Reggae Boyz tried to beat two opponents and lost the ball...fortunately it bounced to Bibi who scored. The point was Bibi and therefore the TEAM could have had an easier time of it if Shelton had passed the ball to Bibi just before he lost it. As it was Bibi had to pick-up the unintended bobbled ball and use swiftness of mind and his excellent athletic ability (quick reaction and balancing skills) to hit the ball with a section of his foot that sent the opponent's goalkeeper the wrong way - scored. Shelton unnecessarily put Bibi through 'the wringer' to get off the shot and to score.

The better TEAMs will kill us when we give away the ball so easily...and, so often.

...but, I do not see why they should not do more passing in the upcoming game...if Tappa showed them the tape of themselves and the silly, wasteful, anti-TEAM giving away of the ball that they did? Hey they are Jamaicans and have the ability to be fast learners?

...besides they are fast! Strong! Can shoot and can pass with reasonable accuracy! ...and, have the technical skills to be a dynamite pairing!

They need to be a dynamite pair to drive their earnings higher. They need to be a dynamite pair to keep the REGGAE BOYZ winners so that they will be kept in the bulls-eye on the international football player's marketplace! They need to be a dynamite pair because we the fans would just love that...and, they would know it in no uncertain manner!

Guys: Later today let us see you play football like we know you are capable of doing? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I like how you describe Bibi off balance shot.

As it was Bibi had to pick-up the unintended bobbled ball and use swiftness of mind and his excellent athletic ability (quick reaction and balancing skills) to hit the ball with a section of his foot that sent the opponent's goalkeeper the wrong way - scored

Give me your number... being able to draw pon a person with your skills can be a godsend...

That was a brilliant move by Shelton by the way to setup that opportunity.

The pass backward by JJ for the last goal was equally brilliant.

Comment

Anyone here believe Teafore is more effective that fuller?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        I like how you describe Bibi off balance shot.

As it was Bibi had to pick-up the unintended bobbled ball and use swiftness of mind and his excellent athletic ability (quick reaction and balancing skills) to hit the ball with a section of his foot that sent the opponent's goalkeeper the wrong way - scored

Give me your number... being able to draw pon a person with your skills can be a godsend...
        The truth always hurts some!

That was a brilliant move by Shelton by the way to setup that opportunity.
        Shelton's move broke down!
        The defender who stopped him...(Shelton had no intention of passing the ball and as fact, did not pass the ball to Bibi!)...inadvertently deflected the ball to and within Bibi's reach.

Bibi's first touch had the ball bouncing and hitting him on the 'long bone' on his foot...he reacted to the bounce off his foot swiftly with great balance and excellent finishing!

The pass backward by JJ for the last goal was equally brilliant.
        Now that was a deliberate and brilliant pass...
        ...and, it was equally brilliantly finished!
        Last edited by Karl; November 21, 2007, 01:41 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Once FUller took that wall
          pass from BiBi then moved it ws up to him to score. Had Fuller passed it back then it would be a different story. He is the striker; he should have finished. Back to our youth level where our young needs to know the science of the ball (placing should be a part of us). we are still playing with our feet and not our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            Once FUller took that wall
            pass from BiBi then moved it ws up to him to score. Had Fuller passed it back then it would be a different story. He is the striker; he should have finished. Back to our youth level where our young needs to know the science of the ball (placing should be a part of us). we are still playing with our feet and not our minds.
            You are right - he went for power instead of placement.
            My God...he was 7 yards out

Comment

Ja played like Brasil, although
              not the same quality. Notice how the constant passing lulled ES to sleep then BAM! (see first and last goal). If the Brasilian coaches had stayed on the island since 98 we could boldly tell the US and Mexico to call the game anywhere on this planet because it doesn't matter; they will be beaten.

Comment

Karl the S.americans not only
                work on the science of the game but the science of the ball. Just speak to any Brasilian player (here for that matter) or Arg. and you will see my point. We have a lot to learn.

Comment

I know. That nonsense about Shelton setting up the first goal. PLEASE! The move broke down. Bibi did well to support him and luckily found himself with the loose ball.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I defer to your mind reading skills...

How Bibi end up pon him bottom ?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      he reacting to the bounce of his foot swiftly with great balance and excellent finishing!
                      that's a little much, karl. come on!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X